VOGONS

DOSBox Icon

Topic actions

Reply 140 of 333, by covox_account_sans.ttf

User metadata

A quick remaster for the traditionalists in the audience. Apologies for the eye-bleeding appearance of the beige, that was the closest I could get to an agreeable colour. (I promise it looks a lot less searing on a white background)
Slightly Changed Master (SVG/PNG)
dosbox_beige32.pngdosbox_beige64.pngdosbox_beige128.pngdosbox_beige256.png

Reply 144 of 333, by doomer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It looks great. 😀
But I have a suggestion. Why don't you use "c" as the drive letter instead? I don't know about the others but I've always associated dos with the c:\> prompt. Even in dosbox I have the autoexec mount settings and the "c:" command after that. I definitely think that c:\> is in the spirit of the dos era. 😀

Reply 145 of 333, by nsmcovox

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

C:\> is a bit more nostalgic, but some people reckon that the similarity with the windows command prompt icon would cause a bit of a kerfuffle.
Ah, one more can't hurt...

Beige III Master (SVG/PNG)
dosbox_beigeIII32.pngdosbox_beigeIII64.pngdosbox_beigeIII128.pngdosbox_beigeIII256.png
(I still reckon the Z:\> looks classier 😜)

Reply 148 of 333, by augnober

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've got one suggestion which you may already have planned, but I'll mention it anyway..

For the smaller versions of the icons, it's worthwhile to redraw/touch-up the "Z:\>" (or C:\>) to make it brighter and clearer. Scaling down using whatever scaling you're using is dimming and blurring it, so it they don't look as good as the large one. The smallest versions will be the most important in the end (common icon size).

Reply 151 of 333, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I still prefer ChaosFish icon as compared to the framed "C" or "Z" icons, due simply to the fact that Chaos's are more uniform in color and more distinct.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 154 of 333, by ih8registrations

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

BTW, altered the 32x32 so "DOS" isn't obscured by the link arrow in windows.

Attachments

• dosbox32x32.png
    Filename
    dosbox32x32.png
    File size
    1.58 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 155 of 333, by ih8registrations

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A choice of 16x16 icons.

Attachments

• dosbox16x16v2.png
    Filename
    dosbox16x16v2.png
    File size
    1.08 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • dosbox16x16.png
    Filename
    dosbox16x16.png
    File size
    1.09 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 157 of 333, by ChaosFish

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Don't expect anything else from me 😀

My icon is done (last version here), so use it if you will. Altough I'll be willing to make improvements if anybody has any constructive ideas. For the other awesome icon artists - may the best icon win the way to the official build!