VOGONS

Reply 20 of 26, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

I think I have an even better solution 😀

I found a demo of Realms of the Haunting at

http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/realms … h_demo.zip.html

I downloaded that and tried to get the installer to work with the official DOSBox 0.65, but I got the exact same error as you (see Divide error.png).

Then I tried the upcoming DOSBox 0.66 and the installar completed without a hitch! 😁 And the demo ran flawlessly. Intro video, music, sound effects, moving around - really quick and smooth!

Installing DOSBox 0.66 Release Candidate 2 (rc2) requires 2 steps:

Download and extract 0.66 rc1.
Then run the DOSBox 0.66rc1 nstaller.

When that is done, download and extract 0.66 rc2.
rc2 contains a replacement for dosbox.exe. Copy the rc2 dosbox.exe into the directory where you installed rc1.

Attachments

• Divide error.png
    Filename
    Divide error.png
    File size
    18.49 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Installer "Divide error" with DOSBox 0.65
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 25 of 26, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
wd wrote:

Those links are for internal use only, dunno why MiniMax posted links there.

Oops - I rarely enter VOGONS thru the main index. I always go through "since last visit" and forgot that the announcements were for developers and testers only.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 26 of 26, by Gypsysprite

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Tis ok.. I got the game running in VDMS. All is well except for the quick save keys. I can get them F9 to save and F10 to load. I have a fancy wireless keyboard with functions for every key. I disable those two and had no action when I clicked them in the game. After I reset them to save and open, they each activated the weapon mode. Any ideas.

I have a discussion forum here: http://forums.delphiforums.com/jaderebel/start

We are from all over the world and discuss everything under the sun. It requires a registration like the one here but does not require email validation. You can log right in after registration. My account there is Jaderebel. Drop in if you like. The site also has some grand computer forums which you may like.