VOGONS

First post, by whocrazy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hiya fellas
I'm wondering if you can help, I have the game terminator 2, judgement day, and I'm trying to get the adlib sound playing, but I'm not having much luck. Is anyone able to help? all I'm getting is a bunch of annoying pc speaker sounds
Thanks.

Reply 2 of 6, by whocrazy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried setting it as low as 311 cycles
Isn't that like the speed of something slower than an 8086?
if I set it any more slower all the keys will act sluggish
is anyone else familiar with terminator 2 judgement day and it's quirks?
What settings should I change in my dosbox.conf file?

Reply 3 of 6, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I meant 2000 or 3000 cycles (311 is a value too low). Then your problem must lie somewhere else. How do you configure sound for this particular game?

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 4 of 6, by whocrazy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

There is no way that I'm aware of. Unless you do it from the commandline, but I dont have the manual.
I am aware there are drivers for adlib and pc speaker, I just dont know how to configure terminator 2 judgement day to use the adlib driver

Reply 5 of 6, by whocrazy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi again. Does anyone have the original disks for terminate 2 judgement day? No this is not a request for an illegal copy, I was hoping that someone could tell me if the original disks had an instalation program that automatically configured terminator 2 to suit your hardware.
the copy I have was from my brother's old dos games collection, he's got a whole box full of floppies and cds with old games on them.

Reply 6 of 6, by HUN_s912

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
whocrazy wrote on 2007-01-18, 02:20:

Hiya fellas
I'm wondering if you can help, I have the game terminator 2, judgement day, and I'm trying to get the adlib sound playing, but I'm not having much luck. Is anyone able to help? all I'm getting is a bunch of annoying pc speaker sounds
Thanks.

If interested yet (from manual):

load the game
term.exe A