VOGONS

Genewars

Topic actions

Reply 22 of 31, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

And how did you mount it when you installed the game?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 24 of 31, by ErikGG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I see you mounted this :

d:\gry\test\genewars

It should be d:\gry\test\ for C:\ (mmm, I could put in a warning about this in D.O.G.)

Games don't like being in the root of a drive.

If this doesn't work check and see if a cfg file or any other setup/options file kan be edited with notepad in the games root directroy. If so check and see if there is an pathname in this file. Correct this one to the "DOSBox" internal path, C:\genewars\.

Hope this helps.

Erik.

Read the new FAQ.doc

Reply 26 of 31, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

But I have one question: How big is this game after installation?

You replied to MiniMax's question that you only mount C and didn't install it,
now you're talking about stuff during installation. If you don't post the
complete information about the steps you take, this discussion does not
make any sense.

Reply 29 of 31, by OSH

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Very funny, indeed.
Ok. I've solved my problem. I've edited file called "config.ini" and give right paths. In "CD" section and "InstallDrive" section must be the same path given - the path to installed game. After that, a game works. I have a ripped version and I haven't music. But a game works...

Reply 30 of 31, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

wd wasn't trying to be funny - you're the "funny" guy here. Your "solution" is a very good example why many users on VOGONS, including myself, are reluctant to give support for "Abandonware" games. If you were trying to install the game from original media, you wouldn't have had the problem in the first place.

Reply 31 of 31, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I agree. IF you want to use abandonware games, which most of us do, at least make sure you know how to handle ripped games. There's nothing worse than spending ages trying to discover a problem which is caused by a bad rip instead of Dosbox.