VOGONS

First post, by Lochmacher

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is there any way to do this? Before I start going crazy and copying all of the files to my HD, I would like to know if it's even possible to tell the game to look there for the videos and sound bites. I just hate the pausing before reading the disks and the constant swapping of disks. It is such an atmospheric game that each time you have to stop, it gets annoying. Thanks in advance!

PS. DosBox .70 is liberating my box of old-esque games (read: timeless classics)! Thanks!

Reply 1 of 2, by LoneLines

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's possible to mount 4 CDs and switch between them with ctrl+f4 when you need to swap CDs, I don't know of a method for not swapping at all though...

LoneLines list of workarounds for various games in DOSBox:
http://ADogsBox.jellofishi.com

Reply 2 of 2, by Lochmacher

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The real reason isn't having to switch disks for cutscenes as much as the little loading times when the game pauses to load in a sound file from the disk. Since this can happen when you are inspecting items in your inventory or in the 3d world, it can break the rythym of play. It may not sound that drastic, but since it is imperative that you inspect everything, it can be annoying. Thanks again, I'll keep checking back to see if there are any ideas. Not too hopeful, as I think the sound is redbooked to the cd...