VOGONS

First post, by SaxxonPike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

...because if it did at one time, it doesn't now. At least, not my version. I currently have the CD of DN3D Atomic Edition. When attempting to patch the game, the patch always fails. And even when having the CD in the drive and being mapped properly, it still asks. Any ideas?

Reply 2 of 8, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Please don't spread mis-information.

Duke Nukem 3D works perfectly and is 100% supported. Since 0.70, DN3D has tripled its frame rate for high resolutions too. I can run it at 1024x768 with 50+ fps.

Reply 3 of 8, by Hazekel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
red_avatar wrote:

Please don't spread mis-information.

Duke Nukem 3D works perfectly and is 100% supported. Since 0.70, DN3D has tripled its frame rate for high resolutions too. I can run it at 1024x768 with 50+ fps.

🤣 Well, if it is 100% supported then I think SaxxonPike would very much like some assistance, because just said it didn't. I also had problems with it (although I was running DOSBOX 0.65). So he can either use the build I referenced above or you could give him some advice ... 😉

Reply 4 of 8, by tannerstevo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It would help if you were to give us some more information. What dobox version? how are you mounting your cd? What patch are you trying to apply? Are there any error messages?

Reply 5 of 8, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Hazekel wrote:

Well, if it is 100% supported then I think SaxxonPike would very much like some assistance, because just said it didn't.

Way to misread. He said the patch didn't work.

And yeah, the atomic edition patches were always buggy, but if you're trying to patch an already 1.5 atomic, don't even bother

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 6 of 8, by SaxxonPike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The reason I wanted to use DosBox is so that I could try to link up with the DOS machines on our network that we host games on occasionally. (does this work? I haven't tried yet, just curious)

I solved the problem, and it didn't have anything to do with the patches (that's a whole different problem all together.)

It involved mounting D: as a CD drive. Apparently I had to differentiate. I checked it out online before, but apparently overlooked it. The game version I have requires the disc to be in the drive. It's version 1.4 that shipped on CD. It's the "parental locked" version -- this is probably why the patches were not working, so I had to mess with it in a few other ways.

I'd also like to let you know that on my Intel Core 2 Duo @2.4gHz machine with DosBox 0.70, this game is running properly and at full speed at 640x480 😀

Reply 7 of 8, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Official DosBox cannot play IPX games multiplayer with a real machine. This is due to the fact that DosBox does IPX over UDP.

To play DosBox IPX against real IPX you need to use HAL 9000's DosBox build, but I think it hasn't been updated in awhile.

Last edited by DosFreak on 2007-04-23, 23:15. Edited 1 time in total.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline