VOGONS

First post, by Charlez

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, i've been trying to play Theme Hospital but it's so slow that i get really bored after 5 minutes.
How can i fix it? i've Tried to speed up the Cycles, to speed up the Frame skip but nothing works.
I have 0.72 Version.(dosBox)
Also sound is missing (only music can be heard but its slow and Boring).
well hope u can help me.
BYE!. 😁 😵

Reply 2 of 13, by Charlez

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

While i was Checking the Files in theme hospital i found a THWIN Theme Hospital Playable on Windows but when i Try to play an error pops out saying that there was an error in the language setup.
How can i fix that? 😁

Last edited by Charlez on 2007-12-31, 00:56. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 6 of 13, by Thraka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've tried theme hospital in the past too, it's very very slow no matter the settings I tweak (core changes surface changes etc) mmm it would be great to play this again and do some multiplayer via dosbox... 😀

Reply 9 of 13, by Baskar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm having the same issues as well. Tried all the changes listed and even tried VDMSound -- all to no avail.
On another note, when I run setsound and choose my settings, it won't save. "Cannot Save configuration File" - that's the exact error I have.
System specs - AMD 3200+ - 3.2 GHZ
Using DosBox .72
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

†© Life of Bittersweet torment, why dost thou inflict me so? ©†

Reply 10 of 13, by Og

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

IIRC, the slowdown issues with theme hospital are caused due to a missing file. the file name is SOUND-0.DAT (About 4MiB) and can be obtained by downloading the DEMO version of the game (google it).
When acquired, copy the file to the \SOUND\DATA folder within the game folder.
By the way, this will also make the W95 executable playable (tested with XP pro).

HTH,
Og

Reply 12 of 13, by Baskar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When you've tried playing in Dosbox, did you ever look at the status window after running setsound.exe?
With me, it said that MDI.INI was read only....So I went and toggled that off in explorer. Lo and behold, I changed the sound around and the game runs great now.

†© Life of Bittersweet torment, why dost thou inflict me so? ©â€