VOGONS

Time Commando

Topic actions

First post, by pz3shwks

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When i get past the installation and try to play the game by typing TIMECO, as instructed, it says "Time Commando CD not found"

Last edited by pz3shwks on 2008-06-04, 21:29. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 1 of 42, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Read my 60 Seconds Guide to DOSBox (and don't just read it - follow it too).

If that doesn't help, come back with details on how you mounted your C and D drives, how you did the install, how you configured sound, music etc.

(and by "details" I mean the exact mount lines you used)

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 42, by pz3shwks

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok i followed your guide exactly, step by step. I mounted the
C C:\TimeCo, then mounted D E:\Time Commando. I changed Z to C then C to D.

I then did dir /w, found the install.exe and succesfully installed it using the D.

(What i had been previously doing wrong was not mounting both drives, C and D, only one at a time.)

Now, after i finished the installation i was brought to the same C:\TIMECO> and was told to type TIMECO to play. This time, it started to sound like it was loading...except it stopped a few seconds later and said "Can't Find Time Commando CD.

I am not going to back until tomorrow morning so, yeah...

Reply 4 of 42, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Note 2: Unless you are prepared to re-install and re-configure the game, DO NOT CHANGE the way you mount the C and D drives for this particular game.

Reply 6 of 42, by t0mme

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I had that problem as well. I fixed it by adding: -label TIMECO to the mount command. Note that I have the cd in my drive when I play the game or an image mount.

* Intel Pentium Dual-Core e2180 @ 2Ghz | 3GB Ram | Asus Geforce 9600GT 512MB | Vista Basic *
* AMD Sempron XP 2800+ @ 1,6Ghz | 1GB Ram | SiS M760GX | Windows XP | Linux Mint 8 *
* Dedicated DOS-machine obsolete since DOSBox 0.73 *

Reply 7 of 42, by t0mme

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

In reply to your PM:

this is my situation:
C:\Games\Dosbox\C is what I mount as my c-drive
my physical dvd-drive is on D, the Time Commando CD is in this drive

I use the following mount commands:
mount c c:\games\dosbox\c
mount d d:\ -t cdrom -label TIMECO

In Dosbox I then browse to the cd my typing:
d:
and then I launch the install program and afterwards I can play the game just fine

Now if I exit Dosbox and start it again I have to retype those exact two mount commands again. If you don't want to type them in every time you start Dosbox, copy those lines to the autoexec part in the conf file (at the bottom of that file).

That works for me and that's about all I can say about it...

* Intel Pentium Dual-Core e2180 @ 2Ghz | 3GB Ram | Asus Geforce 9600GT 512MB | Vista Basic *
* AMD Sempron XP 2800+ @ 1,6Ghz | 1GB Ram | SiS M760GX | Windows XP | Linux Mint 8 *

Reply 8 of 42, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Seems like other people made the same discovery: Needs -label:

http://dosbox.com/comp_list.php?showID=258

but some confusion over the exact label?

Reply 10 of 42, by t0mme

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Whoops, my bad. The label has to be TIMECOMM. I tested it again to be sure with these exact mounts:

mount d d:\ -t cdrom -label TIMECOMM

And it worked like a charm. I tested it with 0.72 and the latest CVS. Guess I'm lucky then...

Reply 14 of 42, by pz3shwks

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
t0mme wrote:
Whoops, my bad. The label has to be TIMECOMM. I tested it again to be sure with these exact mounts: […]
Show full quote

Whoops, my bad. The label has to be TIMECOMM. I tested it again to be sure with these exact mounts:

mount d d:\ -t cdrom -label TIMECOMM

And it worked like a charm. I tested it with 0.72 and the latest CVS. Guess I'm lucky then...

nope still no luck with TIMECOMM, you said you tested it with CVS, do you think that would help?

Reply 16 of 42, by pz3shwks

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
wd wrote:

Be sure you're using the official 0.72 release, starting with a clean dosbox.conf
Then re-install the game WITHIN dosbox, and keep the exact mounting.

i am installing the game inside DOSBox. How do i clean the dosbox.conf though?

Reply 18 of 42, by pz3shwks

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
wd wrote:

Uninstall and reinstall dosbox, or rename/delete the currently used dosbox.conf
and create a new one (config -writeconf dosbox.conf, see the readme).

*sigh* nope, still doesn't work...

here's what I'm doing, in case i am making a stupid mistake:
dosbox_000.png