VOGONS

Space Quest 4

Topic actions

First post, by bobistheweatherman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh btw I LOVE DOSBOX!!! I almost cried when I bet Space Quest 1 VGA without any slowdown bs. Anywho will space quest 4 talkie be ever supported? Is there anyway to get speech? Was so close, yet so far away. 😜

Reply 1 of 13, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by bobistheweatherman Anywho will space quest 4 talkie be ever supported? Is there anyway to get speech?

You're saying it doesn't work? If you set it to use no sound or PC-Speaker, does it work?

Reply 2 of 13, by Harekiet

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

nah the sq4 sound blaster driver does something weird that screws up sound. Same thing happening in some other sierra games, if you space quest 5 then copy the audblast.drv from there, that helped with larry 6 here.

Reply 3 of 13, by bobistheweatherman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Harekiet wrote:

nah the sq4 sound blaster driver does something weird that screws up sound. Same thing happening in some other sierra games, if you space quest 5 then copy the audblast.drv from there, that helped with larry 6 here.

Nope that didn't work either. Oddly when I try running space quest 4 from sq4.bat DOSbox locks up, but sierra.exe loads up fine. Even stranger Sq4.bat works in normal windows xp. Argh, this game is getting more troublesom than it's worth.

Reply 8 of 13, by bobistheweatherman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you, but I can already run the DOS version. The big problem is timer issues, so that's why I used DOSBox. The timer issues are completely gone, so that's a plus. Hmm I wonder if Sq4's floppy version has AUDBLAST drivers? Cause that could work maybe.

Reply 13 of 13, by bobistheweatherman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah, but did you try walking off the first screen? BOOM! Your dead. 😉

Already bet the game by the way, just wanted to play the cd-rom version in all it's misglory.