VOGONS

First post, by gaignan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can get the whole game up and running fine, sound, cursor.. everything.. however.. it will NOT save a played game to my hard drive. Any ideas how i can get the game to actually save stuff?

Im not that old to remember most things with dos, so can you please explain in depth if you know?

Reply 2 of 10, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Read my 60 Seconds Guide to DOSBox (and don't just read it - follow it too).

If that doesn't help, come back with details on how you mounted your C and D drives, how you did the install, how you configured sound, music etc.

Reading the aptly named README file will be a good idea too.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 10, by gaignan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well before i even posted i followed ur guide.. did the mount got to the install but the game hung with my cd version at the "checking cd rom speed" screen. So i took a different route.. i downloaded it from abandonia.com. Like i said.. it RUNS perfect, perfect sound perfect EVERYTHING. it just wont save correctly.

and for the other poster... its using dosbox within vista.. as dosbox has issues with vista.. and i got stuck with vista with a new pc basically

Reply 5 of 10, by gaignan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Searchin many forums over the past 5 hours i came across the solution. The files that i downloaded i just had to take off of read-only status and now they save 😀 easy fix but somethin i never thought to look at. dont even need the cd install

Reply 6 of 10, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
gaignan wrote:

the game hung with my cd version at the "checking cd rom speed" screen.

Solution here:

XCOM Apocolypse help!

Read my comments in the dosbox.conf.

Reply 7 of 10, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

And it looks like the next version of DOSBox will handle the CD-ROM speed detection correctly 😀

Reply 9 of 10, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Your opinion about the game is irrelevant in the context of this thread. If you want to give "intelligent" comments about the games you like or dislike, start a new thread in Milliways.

Reply 10 of 10, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

I trust doomer will stop this practice now.