VOGONS

Carmageddon MAx Pack 3DFX

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 21, by szekeres2009

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys, now that I had some free time I tested a bit more Carmageddon and I noticed a strange thing, whenever I can producate a very loud sound by crashing the car to a wall and things like that the souns system of dosbox is breaking up, it gets fizzy and not as loud it was before the sound crash (no matter if I set up GUS or SB16). Also in the stdout things like this appeared: "Illegal read from 1f00c2e, CS:IP 1e0: 29b3c3" Is there a solution for this?

Attachments

• Filename
    stdout.txt
    File size
    51.25 KiB
    Downloads
    312 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 21 of 21, by Drexciyan_Wavejumper

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
szekeres2009 wrote:
Although carmageddon works great for me in 3Dfx mode, a minor bug is present that annoys me, some reflective maps appears as whi […]
Show full quote

Although carmageddon works great for me in 3Dfx mode, a minor bug is present that annoys me, some reflective maps appears as white texture on some cars. Not on all cars however. In splat pack on one map the reflective windows are present and on another it's gone, and a few cars has reflective windows and the other few doesn't. I think this is somehow related to texture memory but it is only a speculation. I tried gulikoza's CVS and edited the memory to use 63 mega and also edited the OpenGlid.ini and gave maximum memory booth in texture and Frame Buffer Memory but didn't work. If this is a know problem and there is a patch to it then please let me know, if it isn't and it has something to do with dosbox than please post me possible solutions for this. This minor bug is 3Dfx only all other textures are in place. In normal no-3Dfx mode the windows has their textures too. Thank you, I've posted a screenshot too...

carmageddon.th.png

Hey, isn't that Windows 7 on your screenshot?
I always thought dgvoodoo doesn't work under Windows Vista or higher?
So, I never tried it for glide-emulation under dosbox...

Regards!