VOGONS

First post, by slicer727

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have gotten DOTT to run on my pc (Vista 32 bit) from the disc with DOSBox, I cannot get the game to open if I copy all of the files to a folder on my hard drive.

My other issue is that since I am playing from the CD, anytime I try to save a game it says the disc is full.

If anyone can walk me thorugh how to make it work from my hard drive, or to simply change where the save game files go it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Reply 1 of 6, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

On your DOTT CD-ROM, is there an .exe file you can run such as install.exe or setup.exe, that will guide you through the process of installing the game's data files from the CD-ROM, to your hard drive?

Reply 5 of 6, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

But it's über cooler to post in the proper section... 😁

[Moving thread to DOSBox Games/Apps. Section]

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 6 of 6, by gidierre

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
slicer727 wrote:

I have gotten DOTT to run on my pc (Vista 32 bit) from the disc with DOSBox, I cannot get the game to open if I copy all of the files to a folder on my hard drive.
My other issue is that since I am playing from the CD, anytime I try to save a game it says the disc is full.

why, one time everyone used to play from cdrom, but naturally it would never try to save "on cd" 😵 , there's one \dott.cd (iirc) folder created during installation of cdrom talkie version
the point is you haven't installed yet

but when you copy all files on hdd, what files are there to launch setup?
can you list them?

We often forgive those who bore us, but we cannot forgive those whom we bore. (La Rochefoucauld)