VOGONS

The Terminator (1990)

Topic actions

First post, by frip

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

For an awefully long time this games been gathering dust becasue i simply cannot get it to run in virtual pc, vdm, all manner of dos configurations / versions, my oldtimer p166 and dosbox 🙁

The problem was common to 2 more terminator titles by bethudsa 2029 & Rampage the latter getting a "pentium fix" which runs quite well today, im not sure why there titles are so darn hard to get going but surely would like to know if theres any chance of the magic happening in dosbox, thx

Reply 1 of 28, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I wanted to give this old game a shot again as well. I can't get it running in DOSBOX 0.63 or Gulikoza's build... I tried tweaking lots of settings but nothing has any effect. It locks DOSBOX the moment you execute term.bat.

I'm happy to email this crusty game to anyone who can help me! It's pretty small. Two floppies.

So I resurrected this VERY old thread 😀

Reply 8 of 28, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I would love to try my hand at getting this game to run, but it's not in my otherwise vast collection of games.

My site: Ramblings on mostly tech stuff.

Reply 10 of 28, by miko24

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there!

I newly watched the movie, the first part of it. Long time ago I played this wonderful game, now I have XP and, it seems, I have also problems running this game. I have read everything about running this game with dosbox, but theres no info how to get "Terminator>Future Shock" to work. I've checked the dosbox compatibility list. Terminator istn't listed there....
Is the situation so hopeless? Really?

Or have I to install Win98 or the old, good DOS 6.22 ? 😀

Reply 11 of 28, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

The game uses the prefetch queue, thus does neither work under
dosbox nor under pentium/upwards processors.
The attached file has those checks removed. It is only useful
if you have the complete game, and has a copyprotection system
(game doesn't work without the manual).

It should work under dosbox as well as Windows.

btw. if i got it correctly this is NOT Terminator: Future Shock
(see thread title!)

wd

Attachments

• Filename
    GAME.EXE
    File size
    92.02 KiB
    Downloads
    800 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 15 of 28, by Joeyxp2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I downloaded the Game.exe to my desktop by default and now I can't delete it because it keeps saying it's in use. I have already tried going into Safe Mode but it still wouldn't work. How do I delete it off my desktop?

Reply 17 of 28, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's in use with explorer.exe. Open a command promt, then use the task manager to kill explorer.exe. Then use the command prompt to delete the unwanted .exe file, then restart explorer.exe from the command prompt.

Reply 19 of 28, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

wd, would it be possible to remove the checks from the cracked version of the game so I can test it? I can't find the protection sheet anywhere, ebay doesn't have ANY copies of the game and Bethesda told me they can't release it because it's a licensed title.