VOGONS

First post, by uuu0767

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi!
Beforehand ask me to excuse for bad language of the free-of-charge interpreter, and that I can not give of the obligatory information - concept I have no about interiors Samsung - to disassemble it(him) to me was not possible (joke).
However I hope, that submitted screen will allow you to give me advice(council), or even to explain on what swears dosbox.

From this that is known to me:
The tablet computer Samsung Galaxy GT 3110
The operative memory is declared 1 Gb, however really shows 635 Mb
Âíóòðåííÿ the memory is declared 8 Gb, is real 5, but there is a card of memory on 32 Gb
The version AnDOSBox 0,74
OS - Android 4.0
As to game - Dominions: Priests, Prophets and Pretenders, I know that it not DOS-game, but in it(her) there is a file dosdom.exe, which allowed to start game on the normal computer from DOS.

Beforehand is grateful[/img]

Attachments

Reply 1 of 12, by Xelasarg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Difficult... the Android ports aren't officially supported, so unless someone knows a solution by chance, you're most likely screwed. Edit the "andosbox.conf" (/sdcard/) and try different cpu cores and mem settings, but I can't guarantee this will help.
Sorry. 😒

"What's a paladin?!"

Reply 2 of 12, by Xelasarg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

...maybe try aDOSBox. Runs like crap in comparison, but if the game starts, you'll at least know if the fault lies with AnDOSBox. Don't botherwith DOSBox Turbo (unless you don't care about spending more money), because it's based on AnDOSBox - although it's slightly faster by now - and will most likely produce the same crash.

"What's a paladin?!"

Reply 3 of 12, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Why not see if the game runs on an ordinary Windows PC using the official DOSBox first?

It might be a DPMI thing again, but it's pointless to speculate without knowing what the game does in official DOSBox.

Reply 4 of 12, by uuu0767

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Jorpho:
"Why not see if the game runs on an ordinary Windows PC using the official DOSBox first?"

In Windows all works, besides for Windows is and 2 and 3 parts of this game, yes there is also heap of other games... Business in that that I leave on rest in other country and there I will have only this tablet computer.

Jorpho:
"It might be a DPMI thing again, but it's pointless to speculate without knowing what the game does in official DOSBox."

You correctly have understood me not - I do not complain of start of concrete game, I want to understand basically works dos - I want to understand that to it(him) it is pleasant (that so).

By the way, on aDosDox on that Samsung this game was started... But constantly takes off - something means all the same not so.

Xelasarg the large thank for advice(councils).
I hope someone else something will prompt - it(he) would be desirable all the same on AnDosBox to start - something such as a window mode supports.

Reply 5 of 12, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
uuu0767 wrote:

In Windows all works

Do you mean it works when run from a Windows command prompt, or do you mean it works when you run it under DOSBox for Windows?

Reply 6 of 12, by uuu0767

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

And that and another.
On the normal computer this game works both in Windows and in DOS (as against continuations (2 and 3 parts) - in them the mode DOS any more is not stipulated)

Reply 7 of 12, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That is not my question.

If you download the Windows version of DOSBox from http://sourceforge.net/projects/dosbox/files/ … er.exe/download , can you run the game in the Windows version of DOSBox ? This is not the same thing as running the game under Windows or running it under DOS.

Perhaps you can provide a screenshot of the game running in the Windows version of DOSBox , in order to make sure that we are both talking about the same thing?

Reply 8 of 12, by uuu0767

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Not only under DOS
The game was started and under aDOSBox (screen I shall do of minutes through 10)
But I want äîáèòñÿ of start under anDOSBox

In game there is one more DOS-file
If to start it(him) other picture turns out (look screen)
It already other mistake, her(it) I know - many degrees of protection
But the start of this file is not necessary for start of game on the normal computer

Attachments

Reply 9 of 12, by uuu0767

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

screens of game from the tablet computer with use aDosBox

Attachments

Reply 11 of 12, by Xelasarg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

One thing beforehand: as a general rule, DO NOT mount c /sdcard/ !
This will give DOSBox access to your sd card's root drive, and that can turn out really bad. Open andosbox.conf and specify another directory (e.g. /sdcard/DOSGames/)

Back to your problem: I've downloaded the demo for testing purposes, and found no errors. I can load the game, go through the menu, start a new game, and, if it weren't running so sluggishly, could also play it - see the attached screenshot.

I've also attached my andosbox.conf: simply download and place it in /sdcard/. It should prompt you to overwrite the already existing conf file.
Move your game dir from /sdcard/ to /sdcard/DOSGames/ (that's the DOSBox directory specified as C: in the conf file).
You will also want to edit the cycle settings to improve performance (note that "cycles=max" isn't necessarily the best option), and maybe disable sound emulation to speed things up further. As far as I've seen, there isn't much sound in this game anyway.
These settings also work in DOSBox Turbo (naturally).

Hope this helps... 😀

Attachments

• Filename
    AnDOSBox_Dominions.jpg
    File size
    77.71 KiB
    Downloads
    118 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    andosbox.conf
    File size
    988 Bytes
    Downloads
    158 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

"What's a paladin?!"

Reply 12 of 12, by uuu0767

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank!
All and has appeared... I thought that at insignificant quantity(amount) of files the loading with С only will facilitate work of the program, but there was that it not so. As soon as has transferred game and the file of a configuration in other folder вс ё has earned, and so quickly as did not expect.