VOGONS

Space Quest 3 "Error Creating Configuration File"

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Meian

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I have been playing Space Quest I and II successfully with little to no problems until I came across Space Quest 3.

Upon trying to install it (as it is required by them), I get "Error creating configuration file". I have tried various changes to the configurations in the first picture but no change.

The files are inside a folder I made for all the games I have each in their respective folder (not a cd or floppy). This has been smooth for the previous two games but this one not so much.

Even tinkered with previous posts such as this Problem with Installing Space Quest but doing that with the cdrom didn't change anything (again, the actual files are on the drive not a cd or floppy).

Tried searching around the forum but to no avail...

SQ22_zpsf37ebf26.png

SQ23_zps220c917b.png

Reply 3 of 4, by Dimitris1980

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So, what exactly did you do with the resource.cfg file? I have this "error creating configuration file" problem in many sierra on line games. I unzip the games through my windows 95 and then i run them in dos but i have this problem.

- Macintosh LC475, Powerbook 540c, Macintosh Performa 6116CD, Power Macintosh G3 Minitower (x2), Imac G3, Powermac G4 MDD, Powermac G5, Imac Mid 2007
- Cyrix 120
- Amiga 500, Amiga 1200
- Atari 1040 STF
- Roland MT32, CM64, CM500, SC55, SC88, Yamaha MU50