VOGONS

First post, by Drakeman1234

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm having a major gameplay problem with Heretic in dosbox. When I go to use an item, which means pressing enter, there's a high chance that the character will simply switch to the next item in the inventory rather than use the item I intend for the character to use. When this happens, I end up dancing around all my inventory items instead of using them in the middle of a heated battle that might end with me living or dying depending on whether I can get that ring of invulnerability on or not!

It seems that dosbox is treating the enter key as another Inventory Left key. When it should just be using the item. Not sure if this happens in Hexen or not though.

Running DosBox 0.74, dosbox config file and system information included in attatchments.

I could use a source port, as I don't have this problem in a source port, but I actually want to play it in good old dos emulator. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Filename
    System Information Report.txt
    File size
    20.31 KiB
    Downloads
    53 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    dosbox-0.74.conf
    File size
    10.73 KiB
    Downloads
    50 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 2, by MrFlibble

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
robertmo wrote:

and also check how you assigned keys in the game

Yep, it would probably be reasonable to delete the game config file altogether as well and reconfigure everything from scratch just in case.

DOS Games Archive | Free open source games | RGB Classic Games