VOGONS

First post, by vorob

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi, i've got one one game from my childhood, Wrath Of Earth. I had this problem before, in 1996 and i have it now (lol), when i'm trying to play it via dosbox i've got this error message:

_XKKDox1CdI.jpg

What do i need to change in dosbox.conf to fix this issue?

Reply 3 of 11, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Try different output options in the dosbox config.

Moved to the dosbox forums. When your question concerns dosbox, use the dosbox forum, please

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 5 of 11, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

And the others? Also please try dosbox 0.74, not only a build by Ykhwong or others with multiple patches that might pose a problem.

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 7 of 11, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Don't know but the installer is harmless

Reply 10 of 11, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Use fixed cycles of around 10K (cycles=10000) to avoid flickering, and the FM music will work more reliably with that setting as well. WoE uses a 320x240 video mode with square pixels that don't need aspect correction, and enabling aspect correction in DOSBox 0.74 will cause the display to be slightly blurred, so I suggest the aspect=false setting for this particular game.

Reply 11 of 11, by vorob

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ripsaw8080 wrote:

Use fixed cycles of around 10K (cycles=10000) to avoid flickering, and the FM music will work more reliably with that setting as well. WoE uses a 320x240 video mode with square pixels that don't need aspect correction, and enabling aspect correction in DOSBox 0.74 will cause the display to be slightly blurred, so I suggest the aspect=false setting for this particular game.

Thx. Btw, any way to know what cycle number will be ok for specific game before i start? Maybe there is a way to calculate this?