VOGONS

First post, by comteck123

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I would like to ask if how would I play Daggerfall in DOSBox with GUS enabled? You see, It does work with Digitized sound but with Music It doesn't. It just says: Error could not initialize MIDI Driver. Well I already setup the ULTRADIR, and stuff like that so even with that it doesn't work. But when I use loadpats it works, only problem is that for example: When I enter a building and get out it just loops the one part of the music and freezes that specific sound. Which is annoying. So yeah is there any other way?

The Shadow Warrior Mod that makes weapons O.P., plus adds more ammo: My First Shadow Warrior mod.

Reply 1 of 1, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Daggerfall's HMI is hosed. It does not properly support GUS, I've tried this many times before and determined that Bethesda didn't properly support the GUS in Daggerfall, you would have to use MPU-401 in dosbox and route dosbox's MIDI to TiMidity+ with a GUS set of your choice, and use soundblaster for digitized sound.

You'd have to give me a recording of what you mean by "loops the one part of the music" because Daggerfall has a bug where certain weather environments do not properly define a music type, this results in the engine constantly looping the previous music track.
(Snow overcast fog is one weather type that has this bug)

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων