VOGONS

MechWarrior 2 Version 1.1 now works in DOSBox.

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 62 of 71, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Mmm... I'm having problems with this game, underv0.72.

I've installed the game using the sound card values and installation type mentioned in page one.

Testing the game agter completing the installation, it works, only it needs the ISO being mounted every time, which is a bit annoying.

So I applied v1.1 update. Again no problem.

But then the game refuses to work. If I don't copy the cracked filesfrom page 1, it just hangs. If I do, I get this other error message (see attached snapshot).

I've tried aplying v1.0 cracks, but they seem to relie on DOS CD mounting programs such as FakeCD, and can't make them work either.

Attachments

• mw2_000.png
    Filename
    mw2_000.png
    File size
    1.97 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 63 of 71, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

This isn't that complicated and it's been stated a billion times before. Create a cue/bin image of your Mech2 CD. Mount it with imgmount. Install and play the game. It just works. No CD cracks, no fake CD programs, etc.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 64 of 71, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Is that an automatic reply? 🤣

Look, I understand this might have been answered I zillion times, but I read through the whole thread and didn't see anybody else having the same problem I have.

I've followed the steps in page #1, as I said, as if they were written in stone. Yet, somehow, the game crashes after I've updated it to v1.1.

If somebody can help me, fine. If they can't, well, just say it so and I'll stop whinning about this game, there are many others to be enjoyed and life's short.

Reply 66 of 71, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, I installed it from a CUE / BIN image mounted using IMGMOUNT.

I don't think the problem relies in this step, anyway, otherwise the game wouldnt have worked after finishing the install process, right?

It's after aplying the v1.1 update that everything goes wrong.

Reply 67 of 71, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Delete the current installation (best mount an empty directory as c-drive
for testing), use basic cue/bin mounting (all mountings into the autoexec
section to assure they are the same) and install the game.
Check that everything works even after restarting dosbox, then try installing
the upgrade (if that's needed for some reason).

Reply 70 of 71, by oldschoolgamer7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi I dont know if i am missing something or I am doing something wrong when I right click the shortcut. There is no option to set the EMS, XMS, and DPMI memory values. I right click properties and all i see is general, shortcut, options, font , layout, colors, and complabity and under advanced didnt see anything about memory. I have xp sp2 if that helps any.