VOGONS

First post, by KeenCommander

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

A few years ago I had MT-32 emulation which didn't sound very well for Lethal Weapon but at least it worked

Nowadays I can't get sound after the title screen.
Lethal Weapon has some excellent music and I'd like to play the game again and hear it with a MT-32 instead of Adlib.

I've tried 0.74 with and without Munt
I've also tried to DOSbox SVN

Reply 1 of 5, by KeenCommander

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried 0.72, but it wont work with Munt, but at least the game has music, but it sounds aweful (all the wrong instruments are chosen)
I tried 0.73 which works with Munt, but has the same problem as 0.74, no music after the title screen.

Some tips would be appreciated

Reply 2 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

*moved to DOSBox games*

Are you sure that the game is written for an MT32 ? The instruments sound all wrong, indicates a setup error on your part or the game not being written for it.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 4 of 5, by Stefan_L

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Qbix wrote:

Are you sure that the game is written for an MT32 ? The instruments sound all wrong, indicates a setup error on your part or the game not being written for it.

You are right it was not made for MT32 it was made for LAPC-I (CM-32L) like most european DOS games.

The midi is not working properly on real DOS PC's, if i ever find a legal copy of the game so can i post a thread about that here.

Reply 5 of 5, by Mok

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

AFAIR I checked this problem years ago and the game is simply badly coded. It was doing something like: "stop old tune", "initialize new tune", "stop old tune" <- which corrupted just prepared new one, "play tune" <- and it doesn't work as the data is already bad. The fix was to remove the 2nd "stop old tune" call, but I was too lazy to write a tsr patch.

Edit: Found a bit of time so attached is a little tsr fix. Not tested much. Unpack to installed directory and run fixmusic.com to start the game.

Attachments

• Filename
    lethalweapon_musicfix.zip
    File size
    382 Bytes
    Downloads
    110 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception