VOGONS

First post, by ssybesma

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
The attachment Lemmings.jpg is no longer available

The video of each level intro screen looks rough. This is always right after hitting F1 from the opening screen...but that is the only place it looks wrong.

I've tried a couple settings in the video section but this is the current one I have. Any suggestions?

fullscreen=false
fulldouble=false
fullresolution=1280x1024
windowresolution=1280x1024
output=opengl
autolock=true
sensitivity=100
waitonerror=true
priority=higher,normal
mapperfile=mapper-0.74.map
usescancodes=true

Attachments

• Lemmings.jpg
    Filename
    Lemmings.jpg
    File size
    671.34 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 7, by ssybesma

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jorpho wrote:

You're using a version installed from original disks, right?

Yes, I had them archived from many years ago when I copied each of the 3 5-1/4" disks to my HDD.

I remembered when you try to do it that way, you need to zero the first byte (and make file read only) to keep RUSSELL.DAT from increasing its count until it reaches 9 and asks for the floppy disk.

Reply 5 of 7, by ssybesma

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Lemmings(2).png
Filename
Lemmings(2).png
File size
466.47 KiB
Views
File license

Looking a lot better now with these settings although the DOS text looks a bit tortured. I set on VGAonly as you suggested. I'm just trying to get the window to stretch bigger than 640x480 and it's doing that now.

On a 1920x1080 monitor the VGA window is normally very small, so has to be stretched.

fullscreen=yes
fulldouble=yes
fullresolution=800x600
windowresolution=800x600
output=ddraw

Forgot to add...with output=overlay, the display is 'doubled' and shifted down about half an inch while using the rest of the settings above. That's why I have to use a different output.

Reply 6 of 7, by ssybesma

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I couldn't get a screenshot of the problem so I took a picture. It's doubled anytime I set output to anything other than DDRAW. The bottom scroll is shifted down much further than the rest of the display.

Unfortunately, DDRAW does a hack job on the DOS text and makes it look rough. So have to figure another solution to get what I want.

Attachments

• 20161231_180234.jpg
    Filename
    20161231_180234.jpg
    File size
    1.98 MiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 7 of 7, by ssybesma

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Gave it one more college try...and finally this time with the settings below everything is perfect (so no screenshot needed): the opening screen, the screen after hitting F1 and the DOS text is sharp:

fullscreen=yes
fulldouble=yes
fullresolution=original
windowresolution=1024x768
output=ddraw