VOGONS

First post, by ux-3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello to everyone. I just stumbled upon the Dosbox and am very pleased. I am currently trying to get Warlords2 to have this very medival soundtrack. The game and voice are running ("greetings warlord"), but there is no music playing. I am using a SB Live! 5.1 on a win2k sp4 system. I did run install to set the sound to the dosbox likings (Soundblaster irq7, dma1 220). I also did a search and found another thread pertaining to warlords2, but it was closed, otherwise I would have added to it instead of posting a new topic. In case there is another article, I will gladly follow a link.
Thanks for any help

ux-3

Reply 2 of 8, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Did you use install.exe to configure the sound? Do you hear music
during sound test?
General Midi and SoundBlaster 16/SoundBlaster (as music devices)
work pretty well (midiport=330, sb=220 7 1, as configured in
dosbox.conf).
Try to turn off sound effects (so music is the only output)
and hear if there's some sound in the game.

wd

Reply 3 of 8, by ux-3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks for your help!
But let me ask you: Have you got the music to play in Warlords2? Because there is no test function in install.exe. I am suspecting that I don't get any music and would like to test that further. I'll see if I find a game with a test option.

Reply 5 of 8, by ux-3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have tried most common sound combinations, but to no avail. Whould you suggest I try something specific?

I am not in a hurry, because I have a very nice real dosbox, which plays them all (thus far). I posted a mainboard recommodation for such a thing, cause so far, it has run all games I tried.

Reply 6 of 8, by ux-3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I take the liberty of pushing this up again. A year has passed by, so perhaps a solution to this has been found? I tried again, using the 0.63 release, all sorts of combinations I could think of, but had no luck.

Just to be on the safe side: Is there anyone out, who managed to get music out of this game, no matter what the settings. I can't do it.
And I DO get music from it, as soon as I move it to a real dos machine, so the game is still functioning...

greetings
ux-3

Reply 7 of 8, by `Moe`

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Adlib music works fine here. I'm using 15.000 cycles, dynamic core, default sblaster settings, latest CVS (see the "CVS builds" thread).