VOGONS

First post, by Sammy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I found my Gold Games 2 Collection, and it includes Tilt! A Pinball Game by Virgin Interactice.

I manage to install the game with the Installer on the CD.

But after installation, when i enter TILT to start the Game an Error is shown, screen cleaned and Game says : to play again enter TILT.

Error disapeared to fast to read it (only can read something about univbe), but after playing with uvconfig (univbe) and set dosbox to svga_paradise instead of svga_s3 the game starts and intro video is shown.

After pressing space or ESC on each of the 3 intro videos, i am in the Main menu.
And there going the things crazy:

Tables are switched automatically very fast (clicking sound heared), then sometimes the intro video of the table is played.
With ESC i am back in the main menu but , tables are still switched very fast..

If i move the mouse very fast in circles then i stay in main menu and nothing is clicked automatically.
If i move the mouse slower then the automatically clicking begins again.

Parts of the screen also flickering very fast... have not such a problem earlier.. don't know what to do.

Reply 2 of 2, by Sammy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I tried with cycles 10000 today.. and the flickering and automatic click was much slower.

But then i set machine to vesa_oldvbe, set cycles to max 95% again and did a new install off the game, run uvconfig, and then the Game runs normal.

There is no flickering and the intro video of the table are only played when mouse is not moved for about 15 seconds.
Cycles are still at max 95%.

So i think it was a wrong combination of svga_s3 and my settings of uvconfig to make the game run.
With vesa_oldvbe i can use the autodetect settings of uvconfig.

But only vesa 1.2 is used, not 2.0 but game runs fast enough