VOGONS

First post, by PitschBlack

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi

is there anyone who get this game running or must i wait till another dosbox version????!!!! 😕

greetz 😅

Reply 4 of 13, by MajorGrubert

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Unless you really need to run DosBox under Linux, I suggest you try running WC3 under Windows XP with VDMSound. I was able to finish the game using Windows XP, VMDSound 2.1 and the alternate joystick drivers you can find here in the Wing Commander CIC site.

Regards,

Major Grubert

Athlon 64 3200+/Asus K8V-X/1GB DDR400/GeForce FX 5700/SB Live! 5.1

Reply 5 of 13, by PitschBlack

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thanks for answering....the game is working or at least playable.....but the sound and play sequences are still crackling?!

i tried to fix it with the frameskip and the emulation speed now its at leat playable....any suggestions????

thx for the joystick patch...works fine

Reply 9 of 13, by THE_WUQKED

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Wing Commander III runs way too slow under the current DosBox 0.61. But thx to the newer CVS versions, it's really playable. - No sound crackling and movies play perfect for me. Now there are only two probs left:
-when hitting enemies in fight, it slows down a lot. Still playable, but very annoying
-on my rig it's quite unstable. After finishing some missions dosbox just crashes back to desktop.

Reply 12 of 13, by IceAIM

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

To clarify, the above post is in regards to the following quote:

Guys, I use Windows 98se and I can run the game, except that the video skips because my DVD ROM is too fast. Is there a way to emulate the DVD ROM speed through DOSBOX?

Where can you get Nero Drive Speed?