VOGONS

First post, by mtv_poison

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello.I am currently trying to load Redneck Rampage on Dos Box and everytime i try to switch the directory to where the game is,it says "unable to switch to:Interplay"(where the game resides) Please help me.

Reply 2 of 8, by mtv_poison

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

0_0... I'm sorry but i have no idea what you're talking about.I hardly know jack about how to run anything DOS, but i'm pretty sure i moutned it correctly.I followed the newbie's pictoral guide precisely. It starts out with Z:\ i change it by putting mount C C:\ (or something like that) and then i mount it to c and then i put "cd interplay" nect to it and it's "unable to change" GRRR!!

Reply 6 of 8, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

For mouse try CTRL F10.
If the keyboard does not work, then you must hope that it will be better in the next version.
As for sound skipping - you are probably running with too many cycles for your computer. 3D shooters are power hungry...
If you are unable to run it well in DOSBOX, search VOGONS, I think that other people ran it natively in Windows (using VDMSound).

Mirek

Reply 7 of 8, by mtv_poison

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok,i got the keyboard to work.The sound and game still lag badly even when pressing ctrl-F8 and ctrl-F12.And this VDS sound or whatever..is that a dos setup ability or some other program you can download?