VOGONS

First post, by Beepzorz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just started playing Superhero League of Hoboken while using DosBox in conjunction with Munt. The music sounds excellent. The problem is that the voice acting cuts off almost as soon as it begins: there is maybe 1 spoken word before it stops. This issue does not occur while using MIDI music: with that, the voice acting plays out perfectly without any hiccups.

Here is my legend.ini file (C:\games\hoboken is the game folder):

MOUSE=MOUSE
MUSIC=MT32 2 330
SOUND=BLASTER 5 220
GAMEDATA=C:\HOBOKEN\
VOCDATA=C:\HOBOKEN\
SAVEDATA=C:\HOBOKEN\

I'd be immensely grateful to anyone who could come up with a solution.

Reply 1 of 3, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Reinstall the game and choose IRQ 7 for the SoundBlaster; or you could manually edit the .ini file and change the 5 to a 7, I guess. Alternatively, change irq=7 to irq=5 in DOSBox's conf file.

Reply 2 of 3, by Beepzorz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ripsaw8080 wrote:

Reinstall the game and choose IRQ 7 for the SoundBlaster; or you could manually edit the .ini file and change the 5 to a 7, I guess. Alternatively, change irq=7 to irq=5 in DOSBox's conf file.

It worked!

I already tried before changing Soundblaster IRQ to 7, but I did that through the configuration options. That was a mistake, as it messes up the Legend.ini file and leads to the issue described in this thread: Superhero League of Hoboken issues

By editing the Legend.ini file instead, it works without messing up the game.

Thanks. 😊

Last edited by Beepzorz on 2019-03-27, 16:01. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 3, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Your .ini file says to use IRQ 5 for the SoundBlaster, DOSBox uses IRQ 7 by default, they must match or you will get the exact kind of problem you describe with sounds cutting off early.