VOGONS

Reply 20 of 22, by Jason1082

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ripsaw8080 wrote on 2020-06-07, 01:27:
I mentioned before that it is important to keep the mountings the same for running the game as they were for installing the game […]
Show full quote

I mentioned before that it is important to keep the mountings the same for running the game as they were for installing the game:

Jason1082 wrote on 2020-06-07, 01:17:

mount c c:\WWFIYH\ACCLAIM

That does not seem likely to be what you mounted for the C: drive when you installed, because the ACCLAIM directory would have been created by the installer.

It's difficult for me to guess what things you've mistakenly changed, but this seems more like how it should be:

mount c c:\WWFIYH
mount d d:\ -t cdrom
C:
cd \ACCLAIM\WWFIYH
WWFIYH

mount c c:\WWFIYH
mount d d:\ -t cdrom
C:
cd \ACCLAIM\WWFIYH
WWFIYH

Attached is the end result.

Attachments

• IYH.png
    Filename
    IYH.png
    File size
    6.97 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 21 of 22, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I don't what commands you used for installation, as you never mentioned them. That you were mounting the ACCLAIM directory after installation just seems entirely wrong, though.

As I suggested before, read the 60 Seconds Guide and absorb that information, then start over again from the beginning. The game is supported in DOSBox according to the compatibility list, although it is mentioned there that a setting of core=normal is needed to prevent the installer from crashing -- not sure if that's true, because you didn't mention anything about crashes. Anyway, that's all the help I can give you for now; Netflix is calling me. 😉

Reply 22 of 22, by Jason1082

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ripsaw8080 wrote on 2020-06-07, 01:52:

I don't what commands you used for installation, as you never mentioned them. That you were mounting the ACCLAIM directory after installation just seems entirely wrong, though.

As I suggested before, read the 60 Seconds Guide and absorb that information, then start over again from the beginning. The game is supported in DOSBox according to the compatibility list, although it is mentioned there that a setting of core=normal is needed to prevent the installer from crashing -- not sure if that's true, because you didn't mention anything about crashes. Anyway, that's all the help I can give you for now; Netflix is calling me. 😉

Thank you. I noticed that as well in the compatibility list, and yes, there were no crashes during installation so may not be true. As for mounting to the ACCLAIM directory, it was something I tried only after my initial attempts with the main folder were unsuccessful.