VOGONS

First post, by Sinter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello...

I play the game Captive (Amiga Game) with the last version DosBox and i dont found the saves file of this game.

Maybe someone who knows were is the folder with the saves files ? I can find them?

Thanks.

Reply 2 of 4, by gerry

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

hello, are you referring to save states or the saves you made normally within the game while running under DosBox?

i dont think save states are a feature is standard dosbox

if its the saves you made within the game normally, then those saves would likely be within the game folder structure

Reply 3 of 4, by Sinter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
gerry wrote on 2021-10-01, 15:44:

hello, are you referring to save states or the saves you made normally within the game while running under DosBox?

i dont think save states are a feature is standard dosbox

if its the saves you made within the game normally, then those saves would likely be within the game folder structure

Because I'm a new user and I do not know well Dosbox, is there a command to check it? I play with Windows10Home Dosbox 0.74

Thanks for the response.

Reply 4 of 4, by gerry

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Its not something i know much about, no harm in a search though - lots of results here if its to do withy save states: https://www.bing.com/search?q=dosbox+savestates

but it it's the save games in a particular game you were playing within DosBox then the game itself would save those for you, just like it would on a 'real' Dos machine, so in that case it will probably be in one of the game folders - you'd have to check the game Captive itself, find out where it saves files