VOGONS

First post, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Sound keeps playing when you walk away from its source
This very often happens when fps is above 12.
Doesn't happen with fps 12 and lower.
This happens with sb and gus
with 3dfx and soft

Reply 5 of 6, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

This is not a solution, rather just an information on how the bug behaves:

system.ini
[system]
max_frame_rate=12
you have to start new game for this setting to take effect (doesn't affect games saved with different setting)

This kind of removes the problem by giving you more fps but also makes game faster (if you were able to generate more than 12fps of course)
You can use a delay in game's console (F12) (for example "delay 15") (you have to test the right setting for your pc) but this basically brings game back to below 12 fps 😉 )

So this is not a solution, rather just an information on how the bug behaves.

This kind of removes the problem forever (so that no fps jump up will release the bug)

Reply 6 of 6, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

ok, so I guess the above method might makes some sense now with nvidia's latest "Frame Generator" (i guess AMD gonna come up with something similar)
that could boost fps from 12 to 24 which makes experience playable or even more (36)
(i guess at least on poor quality blurring LCDs, that kind of removes jerkiness from low fps)

(i guess that's what the motion blur effect in games gfx setting was added - to kind of remove jerkiness on slow PCs - a poor quality frame generator)
(i think i also seen a blurring lights in NFS underground - i guess to mimic CRT's terrible lights blurring)

not sure how well frame generator looks on such low fps though