VOGONS

First post, by cursim

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everyone. I've got DJGPP installed, and I've got the PATH and DJGPP variables set in DosBox, but whenever I run any executable that comes in the DJGPP package, Dosbox crashes completely. No error, the process just dies and stops running.

I've poked around on DJGPP sites and can't find out whats wrong. The only post on this forum that seemed relevant recommended Installing CSDPMI, which I did, and made it memory-resident with the -p flag, but still no avail.

I would really love to be able to compile C apps in Dos on my mac, but I can't figure out how to get this to work. Any suggestions?

thanks!

-cursim

Reply 1 of 5, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've seen people report problems with CWSDPMI programs in other threads as well. Is there an official solution for this? If so, we should add it to the Wiki so we can point people there.

Reply 2 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

well if have the feeling we might have an endian problem in the protected mode code somewhere.

I think I need to contact some experienced mac programmers in order to compare the output of test sequences.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

@cursim - On Sun Solaris, there is a tool called 'truss' which can be used to trace all system calls a process makes, and the signals its recieves. Considering that Mac OSX is also an Unix-type OS, perhaps you have a similar utility that can tell you why/how DOSBox dies?

Do you get any core dumps from DOSBox? Can you attach some native Mac OSX debugger to a running DOSBox process? The debugger might be able to catch a stack trace when the process dies? Or perhaps you can start DOSBox from a native debugger?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 4 of 5, by cursim

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

These are all good ideas, but I'm unfamiliar with debugging native OS X apps.

Seeing as the program I'm trying to write is due in less than 20 days... I might just head back to my PC for this one. Thanks for the replies 😀!