VOGONS

First post, by Joeyxp2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I recently got Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri to work but after I exited the briefing the game would quit. This is the error it gave:
ERROR: Couldn't init Player PBA object data!
Crash Code: 46

That is the version 1.08, I gave another version I downloaded a try which is the one from French Kiss Abandonware. That version was 1.09 and guess what? The game didn't crash and it worked perfectly. Except I couldn't understand what the commander was saying and what the game said because the game is French. The reason I think the english version isn't working is because it is an earlier version. I need either a link to some updates for Terra Nova or a way to fix this error. I am running the game with DOSBox because Terra Nova can only run in DOS. I do not think it has anything to do with that, though. I just need a patch or something to fix up Terra Nova to work. Thanks.

Reply 1 of 5, by Joeyxp2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I finally found the patch at 3D gamers and even after applying it, it still won't help. Is there a site I can download a working Terra Nova version? I found that the patch would only fix the random mission generator but evidently that is not my problem.

Reply 2 of 5, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The problem is the digital sound. Turn that off and it won't crash at all. I tried Gravis and Soundblaster but I keep getting the same error as you. I have the original 1.0 version though. Maybe I can download Frenchkisses' one use its basic files?

EDIT: I finally found 1.09 patch and now it works perfectly!