VOGONS

First post, by SaxxonPike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Excellent work on 0.63 -- I just upgraded from 0.61 and there were tremendous optimizations that made my games run smoother. However, one problem I've been having still persists.

There's an old game called Bio Menace (by Apogee) that was insanely hard to get to work correctly in the first place. Now the game runs great under DosBox, the graphics show up and everything, sound is perfect, etc. However, during the game, when the player takes damage, the game freezes, CPU usage goes through the roof, and the music continues to play (although crackly)... any ideas? And with sound off in the DosBox config, the problem still persists.

Reply 1 of 3, by SaxxonPike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just recently saw a thread on CVS builds. Turns out the latest CVS build I got (5-21) doesn't have this bug. It works perfectly. Awesome 😁

Reply 3 of 3, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

yeah the game itself is buggy.
We knew about this "bug" a long time. We refused to alter dosbox to accomedate the bad programming of the apogee people (they probably used the 0 pointer wrong in a linked list).

Anyway the reason to add the fix for this game is beyond the scope of this topic.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!