VOGONS

First post, by crash.

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi,

I am trying to install Tempest 2000 (Dos version) from an ISO file, but after I start the installer program and select English as the language, the installer crashes with a Divide Error.

Does anyone know how to install this? I have tried three different ISO images so far.

Thanks!

Reply 3 of 10, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
crash. wrote on 2022-09-13, 23:41:

I am trying to install Tempest 2000 (Dos version) from an ISO file

If you are indeed using an "ISO file" then the absence of Tempest 2000's audio tracks may cause problems. You should be using a BIN/CUE image that includes the audio tracks.

Reply 4 of 10, by crash.

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi,

I have a CCD/CUE/IMG/SUB version and a BIN/CUE version. Maybe I have not mounted them correctly?

I used the commands

IMGMOUNT E D:\T2KISO\TEMPCODE.CUE -T iso -fs iso
or
IMGMOUNT E D:\T2KISO\temp2k.cue -T iso -fs iso

With either, I'm still getting "Divide Error" when I select a language from the install program.

Thanks

Reply 5 of 10, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Are you mounting a C: drive? I ask because I can reproduce the "Divide error" you describe by not mounting a C: drive.

If you are mounting a C: drive, then perhaps there is some problem with it, such as insufficient access rights to the folder being mounted.

Reply 6 of 10, by crash.

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You are the genius 😉

I mounted a different drive letter for DOSbox because I didn't want Windows to complain that I was messing with the boot drive. Now that I have a C: drive it works.

Thank you so much!

Reply 7 of 10, by zirkoni

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
crash. wrote on 2022-09-14, 11:10:

I mounted a different drive letter for DOSbox because I didn't want Windows to complain that I was messing with the boot drive.

That sentence doesn't make any sense. Why would Windows care about your DOSBox C-drive?
Unless you're doing this (you really shouldn't):
mount c c:\

Instead do something like:
mount c c:\dosgames

or maybe even:
mount c x:\dosgames , where x = your data drive letter

https://youtube.com/@zirkoni42

Reply 9 of 10, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
crash. wrote on 2022-09-14, 13:43:

You've got it. I didn't do mount c c:\ out of caution, so there was no C: drive. I had performed mount D D:\ , and put my games on D:

Thanks

Just to make sure you've got this you did "mount C D:\" , you do not want to "Mount C C:\".