VOGONS

Common searches

Guide - Windows 95 on DOSBox 0.74

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 40 of 123, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ppgrainbow wrote:

Thanks. Do you mean the original release of Windows 95 or Windows 95 OEM Service Release 1?

Wikipedia says, "OSR1 was the OEM release that was identical to Windows 95 retail with Service Pack 1 applied". OSR2 is something very different.

Reply 45 of 123, by valnar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I followed this guide and got everything working with my installation of Win95 in DOSBox, except all drives are in compatibility mode. Loading the Standard IDE driver for Windows doesn't seem to help. I am using ykhwong's latest version.

Is this normal, or is there a trick to make it 32-bit?

Reply 47 of 123, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
valnar wrote:

I followed this guide and got everything working with my installation of Win95 in DOSBox, except all drives are in compatibility mode. Loading the Standard IDE driver for Windows doesn't seem to help. I am using ykhwong's latest version.

Is this normal, or is there a trick to make it 32-bit?

Install Vmware.
Install Windows 95.
TADA!

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 57 of 123, by Hazekel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

DOSFREAK wrote:

Install Vmware.
Install Windows 95.
TADA!

I have been unable to get Windows 98 running through VMware because my boot disk is ... a disk! I made and image of it, but it still doesn't seem to boot right. That is why it would be nice to get a version of Windows 95 or 98 running on my Windows 7 64-bit system, but without CD support the DOSBOX version doesn't sound like much of an improvement.

Any advice?

Reply 59 of 123, by Quaker766

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I find it funny how i ALWAYS get a BSOD (FATAL EXCEPTION 0E 0173:) When it gets to setting up control panel. I mean i installed 95 perfectly before on dosbox. (about a week ago) But now 98 works and 95 doesnt (Damn illegal operations in 98 slow it down) Oh and just now dosbox crahed.hahahah 🤣