Reply 220 of 236, by dreamer_
PP just landed in master branch, so it's time for an update :) There was no SVN activity for last 15 days - we're still synced to r4333.
- Implement initial version of Pixel-Perfect scaling (use: output=texturepp) (ant-222)
- Constrain GUS playback frequency selection (fixes #171) (krcroft)
- Add macOS release CI job - snapshots builds directly from master (dreamer_)
- Implement performance improvements for handling large number of small-block reads and seeking during CD-DA emulation and DAE (krcroft)
- Add support for mono tracks when performing DAE (krcroft)
- Render .icns file for macOS build from SVG on the fly; design improvements for new icon in small sizes (16px, 24px, 32px) (dreamer_)
- Update xxHash library to 0.7.3 (krcroft)
- New buildsystem option for selectively disabling networking features while keeping SDL2_net installed (dreamer_)
- Update copyright year to 2020 throughout the project (jfern)
- Buildsystem improvements for MinGW on Windows XP (dreamer_, ant-222)
- Several static analysis fixes, clearing false-positive results, warning fixes, etc…
- Other CI improvements, code cleanups and refactorizations, etc…
In Coverity static analyser, we moved below 1.0 findings per 1K LOC for the first time. We started at 1.89, now we are at 0.97. The goal is to reach an average score for OSS projects of similar size, which is 0.5 finding / 1K LOC.
Question to Windows users:
We can't test our snapshots on all Windows versions and we don't know what is the oldest Windows versions de-facto supported by Microsoft via MSVC at the moment - can anyone confirm if our snapshot builds work in Windows Vista or 7? Windows 8.x should work (but we haven't tested it), Windows 10 works and was tested. Our snapshots do not work on Windows XP, but dosbox-staging runs on it when compiled locally.
Response to issues reported by @jmarsh for previous update:
- windowresolution % setting - this feature conflicted with SDL2 implementation, so I decided not to reimplement it until it will be finished in SVN (at the moment it seems like it's still being implemented, as there's no user documentation provided)
- command prompt is incorrectly positioned - if you're talking about not appending excessive newline after every program, then it's not a bug; I am not sure if keeping foreground/background colour set by application is a bug or not. Or do you have something different in mind? I've never seen invisible command prompt throughout testing… Share your testcase, please.
- ALT-F4 - can you share your use-case? To me it seems like dosbox-staging behaves exactly the same as SVN, but I'm probably missing something.
| ← Ceci n'est pas une pipe