Common searches

Glide patch

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 246, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks for the update, Gulizoka! I wrote it before, but i'm gonna repeat myself: now that ykhwong's build isn't updated anymore (i hope the guy is allright - no lifesigns from him in a while), your build is the only one with all these nifty patches in it, and at a current CVS level.

Reply 61 of 246, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Updated the patch for 0.73 sources. No other changes.
There have been some changes to the OVL file though. Building on kekko's ideas, it is now possible to build glide2x.dll with MSVC from the same sources. In theory, this should make glide available on win9x running inside dosbox, but we are not there yet. MSVC6 projects included in the archive...Also the debug versions of both glide2x.ovl and glide2x.dll are in the zip file. Have fun 😀

(yes I will probably provide a build based on 0.73 sources + glide on my page...when I have time to review all the other patches as well)

http://www.si-gamer.net/gulikoza

Reply 64 of 246, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

In theory, this should make glide available on win9x running inside dosbox, but we are not there yet.

huh? oh! oooohhhh!!! That sounds like something I want to have in the future.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 67 of 246, by SBlaster

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey Gulikoza, I'm havnig a difficult time applying the diff patch, I can't find any utilities to use the patch. So if you could tell me how to apply the patch or upload a patched EXE (like you did before), I'll be more than happy! Thanks for your time.

Reply 72 of 246, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Unfortunately, none of the output modes seem to affect the OpenGlide emulation of gulikoza's patch. So if a particular game uses 640x480, then you are stuck with your graphics card or monitor's stretching (which is less than ideal in my opinion unless you are using a CRT.)

Reply 73 of 246, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Rendering at a different resolution than a game was meant to be played is a wrappers functionality. But none of the currently used wrappers seem to support it. I have a very early experiments we've done with Moe, to have such functionality added to Openglide, but the project is currently stalled. I might try to put up a test version somewhere and I think I already posted an image of TombRider @1024x768 somewhere 😁

Reply 75 of 246, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Again something the wrapper needs to support. DOSBox has no control over the graphics output since the wrapper is doing everything. Glide has no call to switch to fullscreen (there was only fullscreen rendering available). Mode switch also requires recreating the opengl (or d3d) context so it's not an easy task to add that to the wrapper...

Reply 76 of 246, by tannerstevo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
robertmo wrote:

I think availability to switch window/fullscreen would be more usefull.

If you want fullscreen you need to edit the openglide.ini file.

Reply 78 of 246, by Flint Eastwood

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Gulikoza. Is it possible that there is a small bug in the glide patch?
In dosbox.cpp where the config is written the glideport is set to 600.

Phex = secprop->Add_hex("grport",Property::Changeable::WhenIdle,0x600);

But Glide for me will only work with port 300.

By the way: Do you have a clue why OpenGlide is sometimes showing wrong colors? For example the 3dfx-logo is red instead of green. And in GTA hud elements have wrong color too. With zeckensacks wrapper this parts are correct.
Archimedean dynasty has a lot of other issues - some missing Hud-elements (the map at screen bottom for example), background shows stuff from post frames - but this seems to be another story 😉 .

i7 870 + Zotac 470GTX AMP! + 12GB RAM + Win7 64Bit

Reply 79 of 246, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It works for me with default 0x600...

I guess it's a bug somewhere in openglide, but I haven't bothered to see why 😁
Yes, AD is very troublesome for a wrapper...