VOGONS

Common searches

Dosbox SVN r4019 + savestates Build (Alpha)

Topic actions

Reply 100 of 116, by bruenor41

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Linux build. Please report if it crashes or loads incorrectly.

Attachments

Reply 101 of 116, by catch-a-cat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thaks for this wonderfull feature
and all the time and coffee you guys put in there
(and all the stress with your ladies. complaining that she feels so lonely and why the heck is no coffee left??...)

in case there is a "comatibility list", i tested the windows version with prince of persia without any problems so far

Reply 103 of 116, by Esor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
bruenor41 wrote:

It loads fine. There is no libpng12:i368 on ubuntu 18.10 so I had to search for it and install it manually from Ubuntu 16.04 packages.

Reply 104 of 116, by Vulcans

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

One simple (I hope) request. Could you make a text appear on the screen when changing the saveslot so I know which one is active?

Btw: Works fine on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.
Works fine with Syndicate and Mortal Kombat 2 so far.

Reply 108 of 116, by Ringding

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Fairly mechanical update of the mentioned patch to current SVN. Only build-tested (on Linux). Specifically I did not check if additional machine state items were added that would also require saving and restoring.

EDIT: Also pushed here because all this shuffling of huge subversion diffs is really annoying: https://github.com/Ringdingcoder/dosbox-stagi … mits/savestates

Attachments

Reply 109 of 116, by SedrynTyros

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Ringding wrote on 2021-10-21, 21:56:

Fairly mechanical update of the mentioned patch to current SVN. Only build-tested (on Linux). Specifically I did not check if additional machine state items were added that would also require saving and restoring.

EDIT: Also pushed here because all this shuffling of huge subversion diffs is really annoying: https://github.com/Ringdingcoder/dosbox-stagi … mits/savestates

Awesome! I'll have to make some time to compile a build for Windows and see how goes.

Reply 110 of 116, by Ringding

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I was not even aware of the MAME stuff that you mentioned earlier in the thread. I’ll take a look if I find time. This is exactly what I meant with "additional state".

Reply 112 of 116, by janskjaer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
bruenor41 wrote on 2018-12-09, 07:22:

Is there a static build of 4176 or later with saves states? Because of the missing shared libraries, when trying to execute the binary, I receive the following:

dosbox: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

even though the file exists and I have libSDL-1.2 installed:

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSDL-1.2.so.0
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.4

Executing dosbox_r4019_SAV_Linux_Static_bruenor or the latest dosbox release has no such error.

DELL Dimension XPS M200s
:Intel P1 MMX 200MHz
:64MB EDO
:DOS 6.22/Win95b
:Matrox Millenium II + m3D (PowerVR PCX2)
Chaintech 7VJL Apogee
:AMD AthlonXP 2700+
:512MB DDR
:Win98SE/2000 SP4
:3dfx Voodoo5 5500 AGP

Reply 114 of 116, by janskjaer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
jmarsh wrote on 2022-05-04, 20:51:

It's probably a 32-bit build, install the 32-bit SDL libraries.

Of course. That was easily installed:

apt install libsdl1.2debian:i386

However, further dependencies are required from Debian distributions no longer supported.
libpng12.so.0 is the next dependency required, and that hasn't been supported since Jessie.

Given current distributions are on 1.6 and have been for some time, I'm not willing to bring in a deprecated package, no longer supported into a current distribution.
I've tried out r4019 and that seems to work for my situation, so I'll stick with that.

DELL Dimension XPS M200s
:Intel P1 MMX 200MHz
:64MB EDO
:DOS 6.22/Win95b
:Matrox Millenium II + m3D (PowerVR PCX2)
Chaintech 7VJL Apogee
:AMD AthlonXP 2700+
:512MB DDR
:Win98SE/2000 SP4
:3dfx Voodoo5 5500 AGP

Reply 115 of 116, by SedrynTyros

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Attached a few patch files. I wasn't able to get the save state patches for r4176 or r4467 to compile in MinGW without adding back iowin32.h and iowin32.c to the patches from an earlier version. So those adjusted patches that worked for me are attached. I also attached a modified version of the patch that should apply cleanly to r4481.

Tested only very basic functionality; I'm not sure how well they work yet.

Attachments

Last edited by SedrynTyros on 2022-11-18, 18:48. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 116 of 116, by SedrynTyros

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm going to go ahead and attach my DOSBox builds I created with the patches in my previous post. The testing I did was very limited so I have no idea how well the Save State function will work in practice with these builds.

Attachments