Common searches

DirectSerial patch

Topic actions

Reply 80 of 353, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I actually confused the direct serial with the printer patch for some reason.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 82 of 353, by headbngr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

GordL,

To get Medoc working in XP you don't have to use DosBox just use the folloing command line it will work

MEDOC.EXE T30 F30 E2

For some reason you have to allow more timeout for XP. Other than that it will always work.

Reply 83 of 353, by bsaxberg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is anyone going to make a new package for windows? It seems like the last installer has been a while? I would like to try S5 of the serial code, does anyone have it compiled?

Thanks,
bsaxberg

Reply 85 of 353, by bsaxberg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Seems I only find the Ser4_Dosbox am I not seeing the latest one?

Im hoping the latest can fix this problem I am getting.

Warning: file creation failed: c:\old_auger\COM2

Where C:\Old_Auger is on the physical drive and accessed via DOSBox using mount c c:\old_auger

I am running on XP Pro. I am the schema admin (should be no security concerns).

I tried to make the folder COM2 and received "The directory name is not valid." error when I tried to create it at the command prompt.

Thanks,
bsaxberg

Reply 89 of 353, by amateur

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I have problems with a software which works only in a real DOS environment .
I have tried all things I have found here .
I have a software for mileage correction which works with a special interface . The key from the interface will read right but then is finish .
I have increased the cycles to 40000 too .
The software shouldn't work with computers faster than 266MHZ .
Is it possible to make this software running on XP ?

Thanks
amateur

Reply 92 of 353, by amateur

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

now I have tried another build too but the CVS builds doesn't work .
With DOSBox_serial3 and serial4 I get the key from the interface .
At the CVS builds I can only set the serial ports to directserial .
At the above versions I can set more options .
Which possibilities exist to decrease the speed from DOSBOX ?

Any ideas which can help me ?
I can send you an interface for testing if you want .

Thanks
amateur

Reply 97 of 353, by racerboy3v

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am trying to run a data aquisition program through DOSBox instead of regular old dos but I am having trouble getting the serial connection to work. I have actually contacted the DOSBox team and they have sent me on a couple of diferent routes, but they havent worked. The first thing i tired was a newer compiled version from http://cvscompile.aep-emu.de/dosbox.htm. And i edited the config file for it like i was told to. That didn't work, so they sent me over here.

The system is rather old, because the data aq doesn't need much of a computer, P2 333, 256 ram, aopen MB, not sure on the vid card. The data aq system is connected to the computer through the com port by means of a fiber optic cable. I have tried many things, even to the point of trying different configurations for the COM setting in windows (Window 98 SE is what I am using) but have not beeen able to get anything to work. Any ideas?

Reply 98 of 353, by `Moe`

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Make sure you don't "overcycle" dosbox. That box can handle 15000 cycles at most with dynamic core, around 3000-5000 in normal core.