VOGONS

First post, by arschul

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys,

I'm struggling here, need some help...

I've bought a license for SoftXPand Duo Pro, which gives me the ability to have two computers running on the same PC (add an extra monitor, keyboard and mouse and there you go). I set virtual IP and everything went smooth. Workstation 1 has its IP and so does Workstation 2. Downloaded DosBox on each machine and on number one I ran the command IPXNET STARTSERVER. On machine 2 I ran IPXNET CONNECT <ip>. When I run IPXNET STATUS it shows for machine 1 that the server is fine but no clients are connected. As for machine 2 it is the opposite. It shows it is connected but the server is not available.

Machine 1 status:

Server Status: Active
Client Status: Disconnected

Machine 2 status:

Server Status: Inactive
Client Status: Connected at <ip>

My configuration follows: (the virtual IP is disabled on SoftXPand only so it's easier to read the screenshot as it grays out when selected)

zyrTMUI.jpg

The image is not complete, on the right side I have set two IPs .11 and .12

Any thoughts?

Reply 1 of 1, by Lo Wang

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm thinking maybe something related to the firewall. What does PING show for IPXNET connectivity?

Never used SoftXPand so I don't know what else could be getting in the way.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" - Romans 10:9