VOGONS

First post, by Glitchologteam

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello there, I wondered if It is possible to play lan game on 2 instance of DOSBOX (one on a raspberry pi/linux) and one on a windows PC? Thanks in advance!

http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperDave341?feature=mhee

My Youtube Channel for PC/DOS Gameplays, Mortal Kombat and Glitch Related Video

Reply 1 of 2, by kode54

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Theoretically, it should be possible, assuming both platforms can achieve fully playable execution speed. The TCP modem/serial simulator, and the UDP IPX simulator, should both work regardless of platform, but if one platform is executing faster than the other, it may saturate the other side with network traffic it can't keep up with. Of course, we're talking about low spec DOS games here, so it should be possible to achieve full speed on a Pi, depending on the age of the game you want to play.

At the very least, see how well the game runs outside of multiplayer on the Pi, then step up to multiplayer.

Reply 2 of 2, by Karawane_71

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, we have played Death Rally many times in a LAN with very heterogeneous systems. The last time we used two different Linux systems (Ubuntu and openSUSE), a Windows XP and a W10 system hooked together. There was really no problem at all playing the game in an emulated IPX environment. I have also played the game via emulated Nullmodem with DOSBox on Ubuntu and W10. I suppose, since we havn't experienced any problems with Death Rally it will work with other games as well. -Karawane