Topic actions

Reply 15261 of 52744, by havli

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

6800 Ultra, oh yeah - this one arrived few days ago 😀
6800uryuep.jpg

Quadro FX 4600, basically a slightly better G80-based GF 8800 GTS - 384bit bus and 768 MB RAM. The rest remains the same, 96sp and 500 MHz core.
fx46006huio.jpg

And this year's accounting... I really must slow down in 2017, this is getting out of hand. 🤣

HW..........................+2016..............total

3dfx.......................... 6 .................. 91
ATi/AMD..................... 35 ................. 127
Nvidia........................ 34 ................. 152
Matrox, s3, etc............ 3+ .................. 29+ (plus some ISA and 2D PCI VGA, not counting those)

MB........................... 18 .................. 112
CPU......................... 76 .................. 348

HW museum.cz - my collection of PC hardware

Reply 15262 of 52744, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
hard1k wrote:

Another way is to go with one of those AWE32 with OPL3's output routed via EMU8000 straight to the S/PDIF out.

Yes, you're right. I don't really like that method as it doesn't provide output for PCM, but it certainly does work for OPL3.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 15263 of 52744, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nothing special, only another beige DVD burner since there's hardly anything else available locally but still nice 'to have a spare' 😁.

yawetaG wrote:
TheDosGuru wrote:

I had that same card, but i don't remember it being dual slot. hmmmm

Maybe they just needed the room to add the sticker? 🤣

lmao!

havli wrote:
6800 Ultra, oh yeah - this one arrived few days ago :happy: https://abload.de/img/6800uryuep.jpg […]
Show full quote

6800 Ultra, oh yeah - this one arrived few days ago 😀
6800uryuep.jpg

Quadro FX 4600, basically a slightly better G80-based GF 8800 GTS - 384bit bus and 768 MB RAM. The rest remains the same, 96sp and 500 MHz core.
fx46006huio.jpg

And this year's accounting... I really must slow down in 2017, this is getting out of hand. 🤣

HW..........................+2016..............total

3dfx.......................... 6 .................. 91
ATi/AMD..................... 35 ................. 127
Nvidia........................ 34 ................. 152
Matrox, s3, etc............ 3+ .................. 29+ (plus some ISA and 2D PCI VGA, not counting those)

MB........................... 18 .................. 112
CPU......................... 76 .................. 348

Dude, that's insane 🤣!

Did your purchases also happen to include a large cold-war era nuclear storage bunker so you can store all your stuff? 😁

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 15264 of 52744, by stamasd

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I spent about that sum over the last 2 months only. My overall spending for the year on this hobby alone is probably close to $5000. It's not a cheap hobby - better than buying a boat though. 😁

I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,
With a bit and a byte
And a read and a write,
I/O, I/O

Reply 15265 of 52744, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
stamasd wrote:

I spent about that sum over the last 2 months only. My overall spending for the year on this hobby alone is probably close to $5000. It's not a cheap hobby - better than buying a boat though. 😁

Doesn't really matter, whatever floats your boat! 😁

Report spammers here!

Reply 15266 of 52744, by havli

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just to be clear, that table above are items count, not money spent on HW. I have excel table of all the hardware which includes price also... but I never add up the numbers. 🤣
I may need the storage bunker for next year... just the 112 motherboards alone take a lot of space.

HW museum.cz - my collection of PC hardware

Reply 15267 of 52744, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
havli wrote:

Just to be clear, that table above are items count, not money spent on HW. I have excel table of all the hardware which includes price also... but I never add up the numbers. 🤣
I may need the storage bunker for next year... just the 112 motherboards alone take a lot of space.

Yes, especially motherboards 🤣!
I try to pack them 2 in each motherboard box and put sheets of cardboard or that foam stuff in between them.
And remember, go 3D 😁

Report spammers here!

Reply 15268 of 52744, by meljor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thank you Havli, now i don't feel so bad anymore about my own collection 🤣

asus tx97-e, 233mmx, voodoo1, s3 virge ,sb16
asus p5a, k6-3+ @ 550mhz, voodoo2 12mb sli, gf2 gts, awe32
asus p3b-f, p3-700, voodoo3 3500TV agp, awe64
asus tusl2-c, p3-S 1,4ghz, voodoo5 5500, live!
asus a7n8x DL, barton cpu, 6800ultra, Voodoo3 pci, audigy1

Reply 15269 of 52744, by frankmonk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just grabbed this nice and unusual at mini tower
It is perfect for my new sockel 7 build.
It came with the legendary pcchips m571 board 😊
http://imgur.com/a/a2Isz

d3e9e55f.jpg
kjp9mixy.jpg

Last edited by frankmonk on 2016-12-25, 23:52. Edited 4 times in total.

Reply 15270 of 52744, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

@frankmonk
that is a neat case!

Also, dont use the IMG tags for an album, you can see it is borked, but if you open in a new windows you get the album. So just paste the link and it will work better.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 15271 of 52744, by Carlos S. M.

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ordered this Gigabyte GA-60XT to replace my current Biostar M6VCG+1 GHz Coppermine with Tualatin, i might get an ASUS TUV4X later as well.

This Gigabyte mobo is based on the Intel 815EP with B stepping

Pic is from the seller, paid 18 € + 18 € (shipping) for the board

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    Filename
    $_57.JPG
    File size
    383.31 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

What is your biggest Pentium 4 Collection?
Socket 423/478 Motherboards with Universal AGP Slot
Socket 478 Motherboards with PCI-E Slots
LGA 775 Motherboards with AGP Slots
Experiences and thoughts with Socket 423 systems

Reply 15272 of 52744, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Carlos S. M. wrote:

Ordered this Gigabyte GA-60XT to replace my current Biostar M6VCG+1 GHz Coppermine with Tualatin, i might get an ASUS TUV4X later as well.

This Gigabyte mobo is based on the Intel 815EP with B stepping

Pic is from the seller, paid 18 € + 18 € (shipping) for the board

I like this board a lot, never gave me any problems when I used it for my own 1400 Tully build. Hope you'll enjoy your board as much as I have enjoyed mine 😀

Report spammers here!

Reply 15274 of 52744, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Just out of curiosity, are you able to use WSS functionality in DOS on these cards? My CS4232 card is only reliable in SB Pro mode.

Reply 15275 of 52744, by vmunix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
gdjacobs wrote:

Just out of curiosity, are you able to use WSS functionality in DOS on these cards? My CS4232 card is only reliable in SB Pro mode.

You mean running a game from a DOS box on Windows, it sort of works but sometimes the audio has artifacts difficult to describe, so I use it in real mode.

Trailing edge computing.

Reply 15276 of 52744, by WHAT!?

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I had just recently started a topic here about my desire to build a socket 7 system but I ended up abandoning that idea. I've been looking for weeks now to get a mainboard to build on, but it seems anything decent is in a cost range of around $100.00 to $300.00 I just can't see spending that.

So I've changed plans and moved on. I found a couple of Socket A boards on e-bay today that I plan to play around with. Picked up one for $40.00 and another for $50.00 (both have a single ISA slot).

I got the EPoX EP-8KTA3 (pro version) and I also picked up on an Iwill KK266-R

http://www.anandtech.com/show/708
http://www.anandtech.com/show/724

I'm a little wary of the Iwill board since it's a 1.0 board. I usually like to grab something that has been refined a bit vs the original product at release but I guess we'll see what I get. I can't seem to find a lot of information on board revisions concerning the Iwill.

Reply 15277 of 52744, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
vmunix wrote:

You mean running a game from a DOS box on Windows, it sort of works but sometimes the audio has artifacts difficult to describe, so I use it in real mode.

Nah, the CS4232 chip is supposed to provide a WSS interface, even under DOS. I love the beautiful clean output Crystal Semi usually provides, but I want 44.1khz/16bit audio from MPXPlay (dammit!).

Reply 15278 of 52744, by TheAbandonwareGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
WHAT!? wrote:
I had just recently started a topic here about my desire to build a socket 7 system but I ended up abandoning that idea. I've be […]
Show full quote

I had just recently started a topic here about my desire to build a socket 7 system but I ended up abandoning that idea. I've been looking for weeks now to get a mainboard to build on, but it seems anything decent is in a cost range of around $100.00 to $300.00 I just can't see spending that.

So I've changed plans and moved on. I found a couple of Socket A boards on e-bay today that I plan to play around with. Picked up one for $40.00 and another for $50.00 (both have a single ISA slot).

I got the EPoX EP-8KTA3 (pro version) and I also picked up on an Iwill KK266-R

http://www.anandtech.com/show/708
http://www.anandtech.com/show/724

I'm a little wary of the Iwill board since it's a 1.0 board. I usually like to grab something that has been refined a bit vs the original product at release but I guess we'll see what I get. I can't seem to find a lot of information on board revisions concerning the Iwill.

The people asking those numbers are insane. Anything in this hobby is worth 25-50 at most (unless it's IBM or something actually collectable or genuinely rare like the 6800U 512mb).

Keep in mind most of these are e-cyclers who would have otherwise scrapped the board. By that logic would dictate they should sell them for maybe 1.5-1.8x scrap value.

I hate scalpers driving up the prices. It's making it where the good stuff like 9700 Pros (which are insanely common. They sold like hotcakes) or anything else worthwhile unobtainable for people like me (an expelled 17 year old semi-hacktivist) who only have maybe 50 a month for parts. And you have to compete with retired former IT techs with bank accounts deeper than the mariana trench....

Cyb3rst0rms Retro Hardware Warzone: https://discord.gg/jK8uvR4c
I used to own over 160 graphics card, I've since recovered from graphics card addiction