Reply 37800 of 39068, by bearking
Got these cards in the mail yesterday...
1. Maxi Gamer 3D Voodoo1
2. ASUS V6600MX/32M GeForce 256 SDR
3. Creative 3D Blaster CT6670 Voodoo2 8Mb
4. Diamond Monster 3D II 12 Mb
5. Creative SB16 value CT2810
6. Creative SB16 CT2290
- the GeForce 256 is working
- the 12Mb Voodoo2 is working(tested only with 3DMark 99), but when working anything in 2D mode, the screen flickers on any key pressed on the keyboard or mouse click. Maybe it's a driver issue
- the CT2290 is sort of working, when tested with the diagnose.exe, I can hear the 8 bit and 16 bit sounds, but I can't hear the synthesized music. It has at least one cut trace on the back of the card, but it is an easy fix
- the Maxi Gamer 3D it's a wreck! A lot of bent pins on the FBI chip, but the worst is pin 240 which is ripped off from the chip 🙁. also has a few SMDs missing...
- the CT6670 has a few bent pin on both TMUs and also on the FBI chip, but nothing unrepairable. Also it has a lot of SMD caps missing form around the empty memory "slots" from the back side of the card. I don't think it worth spending my time to repair this card, maybe I'll harvest de memory chips to upgrade my other 8Mb Diamond Voodoo2
Didn't have time to test the CT2810... I'm a little bit disappointed about the two Voodoo cards, but hey, that's it!