Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 22660 of 52673, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
derSammler wrote:

That's not a ZX-81 clone. It's an add-on for the Atari 2600 that turns it into a full home computer.

I don't think I've ever seen that. That's pretty cool. I would post that over at AtariAge.

Reply 22662 of 52673, by SaxxonPike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Batyra wrote:

Bought myself yester day nice obsydian bundle. One box and two cards 😀
2x Obsidian X24 - two voodoo 2 on one pcb.

The attachment Batyra_Obsidian_2x.jpg is no longer available

Yow, that is barely worksafe ;D

I waited for a PCI MX400 to show up for a price that isn't obnoxious. Finally got one.

1.jpg
Filename
1.jpg
File size
182.29 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
2.jpg
Filename
2.jpg
File size
173.12 KiB
Views
File license

Works great. DOS benches put it very slightly behind its AGP counterpart. Still gotta compare Windows ones on this board.

Sound device guides:
Sound Blaster
Aztech
OPL3-SA

Reply 22663 of 52673, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Bought this one for cheap on eBay from the UK.... (15 British pounds plus shipping)
Never owned a VL-Bus SCSI controller, so I am looking forward to play with this thing.
Will do nicely in a 486-dx4-120 system or something like that. (sellers picture)

s-l1600.jpg
Filename
s-l1600.jpg
File size
279.12 KiB
Views
File license

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 22664 of 52673, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Good old Bus Logic. Nice card.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 22665 of 52673, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Anonymous Coward wrote:

Good old Bus Logic. Nice card.

Seems you have some experience in this brand. What are the ups and downs?

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 22666 of 52673, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
liqmat wrote:

I don't think I've ever seen that. That's pretty cool. I would post that over at AtariAge.

I think over at AtariAge, they know about the CompuMate. While it's not that common, it's not an unknown device either. 😀

Reply 22667 of 52673, by OldCat

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Siemens-Nixdorf double feature:

SiemensNixdorf_double_feature.jpg
Filename
SiemensNixdorf_double_feature.jpg
File size
384.09 KiB
Views
File license

I'll combine them & make one creature.

In all seriousness, though, I now have two laptops, but one power brick, one Siemens-Nixdorf bag and one working LCD screen. One of them is DX4/75 and another DX4/100. Wanted to use DX4/75 one, as supposedly it could be a bit cooler, but unfortunately it doesn't power up. Managed to get Dx4/100 working with LCD screen, extracted HDD (yes, it was friggin' loud), put in CF adapter and CF card from my Panasonic CF-41 and bam, it worked, played a bit of Blackthorne on it. There are still a few kinks to iron out, but I gave one functioning Siemens-Nixdorf laptop. Hurray.

Reply 22668 of 52673, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

^^ those are really cool looking, love the trackball. Glad you were able to make at least one good one out of the two.

realistic.jpg
Filename
realistic.jpg
File size
238.86 KiB
Views
File license

Lucked out today & scored this (working!) Realistic Concertmate 500 for cheap, along with three more sealed type-II cassettes. The Realistic is a re-branded Casio SK-1, which have a bit of a following in the glitch/circuitbending community and regularly go for $40-60 online. It's a super low-fi sampler with a built in mic but also external mic & line in jacks. Pretty cool little keyboard.

Also spotted a freaking 13W3 to VGA cable from the same shop (WTF!) I don't need it, but I'm sure if I'd left it there I would have found something that needs it a week later and it would've been gone. Grab. (Of course since I did buy it, now I'll never find something that needs it. Catch 22.)

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 22669 of 52673, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
xjas wrote:

Also spotted a freaking 13W3 to VGA cable from the same shop (WTF!) I don't need it, but I'm sure if I'd left it there I would have found something that needs it a week later and it would've been gone.

I hope you know that Sun, SGI, etc. all use different pinout for 13W3, so if you ever come across something with a 13W3 connector, you'll most likely find that the cable doesn't work due to the wrong pinout.

Reply 22670 of 52673, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

^^ Noted. Ah, the endless fun of late-'80s PC "standards"... 😜

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 22671 of 52673, by blurks

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
OldCat wrote:
Siemens-Nixdorf double feature: […]
Show full quote

[...]
There are still a few kinks to iron out, but I gave one functioning Siemens-Nixdorf laptop. Hurray.

I hope you got the one with the larger 10.2" screen working.

Reply 22672 of 52673, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
derSammler wrote:
liqmat wrote:

I think over at AtariAge, they know about the CompuMate. While it's not that common, it's not an unknown device either. 😀

Yes, but I am active in the Intellivision forum there and even though the Intellivision Keyboard Component is rare, but not unknown everyone still likes a little show and tell. Hope that explains it a little better for you.

Reply 22673 of 52673, by OldCat

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
blurks wrote:
OldCat wrote:
Siemens-Nixdorf double feature: I'll combine them & make one creature. [...] There are still a few kinks to iron out, but I gave […]
Show full quote

[...]
There are still a few kinks to iron out, but I gave one functioning Siemens-Nixdorf laptop. Hurray.

I hope you got the one with the larger 10.2" screen working.

Yep! Working DX4/100 with TFT screen. Still struggling with sound (the speaker doesn't work, I got sound on headphones, but only one channel, left or right, not sure why), fixing the CF card (it's not attached to anything yet) and some other small things, but overall, IT'S ALIVE, mwhahahaha.

Reply 22674 of 52673, by amadeus777999

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Bancho wrote:
Just got back from picking this up. Its a beauty. 19" CTX PR960F. FD Trinitron - aperture grille. 1600 x 1200 at 87 Hz […]
Show full quote

Just got back from picking this up. Its a beauty. 19" CTX PR960F. FD Trinitron - aperture grille. 1600 x 1200 at 87 Hz

rGklVSfl.jpg

Always nice - looks pretty well kept.

Reply 22675 of 52673, by Bancho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
amadeus777999 wrote:

Always nice - looks pretty well kept.

It is in great condition. Going to give it a good run over the Easter holidays.

Few more add-in cards to add to the collections.

Creative CT2800 with genuine OPL 3
qt3Dowpl.jpg

Non branded Promise Sata150 PCI card
J02bsHll.jpg

Reveal Sound FX Sound card. Haven't yet established the exact model. Looks to have a Dream licensed Wavetable set.
qXL5CjMl.jpg

Reply 22676 of 52673, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Anybody want to take guesses as to what is in this industrial rack mount case?

Was sold with no other description than "Industrial rack mount computer".

I have an idea of what vintage hardware might be in there but would like to see a few other guesses before it arrives.

rackmount.jpg
Filename
rackmount.jpg
File size
173.89 KiB
Views
File license

Even if there isn't any hardware in it that I can use, it should be a good case for my 386DX-40 SBC build that I still need a case for.

And for the price, it was almost worth it just for the case itself.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 22677 of 52673, by Jed118

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just got this for about $40 - It doesn't come with a case cover, but I think I can make one from a larger tower case - friend has a machine shop 😉

Otherwise, parts computer.

eTM8NGdl.jpg

Youtube channel- The Kombinator
What's for sale? my eBay!

Reply 22678 of 52673, by Jed118

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cyclone3d wrote:
Anybody want to take guesses as to what is in this industrial rack mount case? […]
Show full quote

Anybody want to take guesses as to what is in this industrial rack mount case?

Was sold with no other description than "Industrial rack mount computer".

I have an idea of what vintage hardware might be in there but would like to see a few other guesses before it arrives.

rackmount.jpg

Even if there isn't any hardware in it that I can use, it should be a good case for my 386DX-40 SBC build that I still need a case for.

And for the price, it was almost worth it just for the case itself.

My guess - a 486 SCSI system of some kind.

Youtube channel- The Kombinator
What's for sale? my eBay!

Reply 22679 of 52673, by Bj0rn83

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jed118 wrote:
Just got this for about $40 - It doesn't come with a case cover, but I think I can make one from a larger tower case - friend ha […]
Show full quote

Just got this for about $40 - It doesn't come with a case cover, but I think I can make one from a larger tower case - friend has a machine shop 😉

Otherwise, parts computer.

eTM8NGdl.jpg

Cool case, love cases with Turbo buttons, hope you can manage to make a new case cover 😀

Asus p3v133 | P533mhz | AWE64 | MT-32 | SC-55 |MU80