Topic actions

Reply 3241 of 52357, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
PeterLI wrote:

Cool! The balloons edition box! 😊

I think it also comes in the black box version too right?

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 3243 of 52357, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Do you know what the order is in terms of oldest to newest? Or what the difference is between them I guess? I know mine says "Basic edition" and yours says "Value Edition."

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 3244 of 52357, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Got ANOTHER HDD bay 😀

What is cool about this one is that it takes 2.5" and 3.5" drives. So I can continue using that SeaTools trick and turning large SATA drives in Retro PC friendly 32GB drives 😀

But... There is a reason why I like Videos. No matter how much research you do, there is always a detail that escapes you.

The LEDs are super bright. And when you access them you can spot the faintest red 😵

Rhaw0KWl.jpg

Q8HO1vPl.jpg

LLmvslzl.jpg

b83DQvQl.jpg

B3l25Xwl.jpg

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 3245 of 52357, by easy_john

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
carlostex wrote:

I thought Putin was the last stronghold of the USSR! Watch out for your capitalist purchases, he's watching you!

Putin is just a manager, with a team of thieves who are busy selling oil. But prosperity in cities are sufficient to avoid revolution like in Ukraine.

Artex wrote:

Do you know what the order is in terms of oldest to newest? Or what the difference is between them I guess? I know mine says "Basic edition" and yours says "Value Edition."

Basic edition: "OS/2 2.0 Compatible"
Value edition: "OS/2 2.1 Compatible"
I think, that Value is later.

Pentium2 450/256mb/4gb/ati rage 128+voodoo2/SB awe32 8mb+db50xg/GUS PnP 8mb/TB Tropez 2mb
486 DX2-66/32mb/8gb/tseng4000 2mb/SB 16+WB/GUS 1mb/LAPC-I
286 12mhz/4mb/512mb/Vga 1mb/SB 2.0+Covox
PegasosII G4 / Amiga 4000 / Amiga1200 / Amiga 600

Reply 3246 of 52357, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There was another box artwork, maybe for another model of SB , it had more hot-air balloons... anyone have it? I wanna see it again, it was a common box here back then...

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 3247 of 52357, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keropi wrote:

There was another box artwork, maybe for another model of SB , it had more hot-air balloons... anyone have it? I wanna see it again, it was a common box here back then...

You mean for the SB Pro? That's pretty much the SB Pro boxed i'm looking after! The box art is more in the style of the original box art for the first Sound Blasters.

Reply 3248 of 52357, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
carlostex wrote:

I thought Putin was the last stronghold of the USSR! Watch out for your capitalist purchases, he's watching you!

Bad joke. You live in a civilized country. You have police, court, civil rights, and are surrounded by affable people. We have none! We live in a caste society, and if a mere man or woman somehow crosses the way of someone from a higher caste (a policeman, a public prosecutor, an investigator, a judge, an official etc.), he or she is imminently destroyed.

Few years ago one of high-level Russian officials said in his blog that his wish is that all of dissatisfied Russian people went out one day to a large square, screaming 'Stop corruption!', so that the Panzer Army would reel them all onto caterpillar tracks like the shit they are.

easy_john's capitalist purchases are safe only because the amount of purchases (several thousand dollars) are not enough for higher castes to bother.

Russia is rapidly degrading. Sane people are leaving, while still possible.

Hardware comparisons and game system requirements: https://technical.city

Reply 3249 of 52357, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
bristlehog wrote:
Bad joke. You live in a civilized country. You have police, court, civil rights, and are surrounded by affable people. We have n […]
Show full quote

Bad joke. You live in a civilized country. You have police, court, civil rights, and are surrounded by affable people. We have none! We live in a caste society, and if a mere man or woman somehow crosses the way of someone from a higher caste (a policeman, a public prosecutor, an investigator, a judge, an official etc.), he or she is imminently destroyed.

Few years ago one of high-level Russian officials said in his blog that his wish is that all of dissatisfied Russian people went out one day to a large square, screaming 'Stop corruption!', so that the Panzer Army would reel them all onto caterpillar tracks like the shit they are.

easy_john's capitalist purchases are safe only because the amount of purchases (several thousand dollars) are not enough for higher castes to bother.

Russia is rapidly degrading. Sane people are leaving, while still possible.

Dude, it was just a goof. My intention was not to disrespect Russia or the Russian people, or to offend anyone!

That being said i thought Russia was recovering not only socially but economics as well. Militarily, it seems to be going back to the days of competing with the US.

US: We developed an anti-ballistic missile system.

Russia: We developed a new missile that your new system cannot defeat.

But let's not turn this into a political discussion, i'm sorry if my "bad joke" offended Russia or Russians for that matter. It actually saddens me if things are that bad.

Reply 3250 of 52357, by easy_john

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

MediaVision ProAudio Studio 16 (?)

ISA_MediaVision_ProAudio_Studio_16_f.JPG.

ZyXel 1496B+ (?)

ISA_Zyxel_1496b__f.JPG.

ISA_Zyxel_1496b__db_f.JPG. ISA_Zyxel_1496b__r.JPG.

PS I think the joke was quite acceptable. Bristlehog should not have to react sharply. But no more politic, or we can continue in a separate topic.

Last edited by easy_john on 2014-01-28, 18:50. Edited 1 time in total.

Pentium2 450/256mb/4gb/ati rage 128+voodoo2/SB awe32 8mb+db50xg/GUS PnP 8mb/TB Tropez 2mb

Reply 3251 of 52357, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
easy_john wrote:
MediaVision ProAudio Studio 16 (?) […]
Show full quote

ISA_MediaVision_ProAudio_Studio_16_f.JPG.

Right, this is an early Pro Audio Studio 16 with additional output jack. I hope to get one someday. How much did it cost you?

Reply 3253 of 52357, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

According to Cloudschatze, all of PA Spectrum 16 and Studio 16 cards require -5V, except for 650-0097-xx (IXW-SCSI 1-1) Pro Audio Studio XL card. I am not sure if he has every PAS16 variant, but indeed he owns a 650-0060-xx (IXW-PAR). It seems IXW-PAR needs -5V.

Reply 3254 of 52357, by easy_john

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
carlostex wrote:

Does that PAS 16 require the -5V line?

At least ISA B5 (-5VDC) is present and connected to some capacitor (4 small black boxes "16v 10" near joystic port).

Reply 3256 of 52357, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I tested this a few years ago!

On a Pentium machine I found that without -5V the speech in games will be super fast. E.g. Space Quest 4 CD. Using a -5 PSU fixes this.

But if you don't have this issue I wouldn't worry about it.

And in case you wondering, I tried the timer flags of the driver, didn't make a difference.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 3257 of 52357, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
easy_john wrote:

Nice card! There's a version of the drivers for the Studio in Vogon drivers if you're looking for them.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.