User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hiya!

I was searching eBay and I found this card:

dcp_7455%20%28Modified%29.jpg

and it only had this description: "USED LOGITECH 270120 8-BIT ISA MOUSE PORT"
do you think that this card will add a NORMAL mouseport on an old pc? Is this for the so called "logitech" mode on ctmouse for example? I got it for 5GBP so no big deal if it is totally useless 😁

edit: bah, I just saw a better pic of the "mouse-port" ... it seems it is a custom one... damn

002988A.JPG

Reply 1 of 17, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Nice find!

Just hope "Logitec mouse" isn't the same prehistoric standard manie like "panasonic, Sony, Mitsumi cd-rom" 😵

My retro computer stuff: https://lychee.jjserver.net/#16136303902327

Reply 4 of 17, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keropi wrote:

yeah, it sux

Now just hunt down the "special custom logitech mouse" for $99 on Ebay 😁

My retro computer stuff: https://lychee.jjserver.net/#16136303902327

Reply 7 of 17, by Moogle!

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

No no no! That on the VGA card is something different, though I'm not sure what. Possibly TV Out or something.

The round connector on the mouse card is called a 'bus mouse'.

EDIT: LULZ I REED GUD!

Didn't notice the "mouse Included" on the VGA box.

The Bus mouse comment still stands. :p

scroll down a bit for the info on BUS mice

Bus mouse on Ebay. Make sure you don't get one that says APPLE. Those are different.

Unless your Serial ports are both being used, I suggest a serial mouse, which are much easier to obtain.

Last edited by Moogle! on 2008-09-29, 20:08. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 9 of 17, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

right, we got the mice... too bad they are crap, they are the same as crap-old serial ones, so this does not make this card anything special... damn I thought it was a normal ps2 mouse port... 🤣

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 10 of 17, by prophase_j

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

wow a bus mouse. i had read about them once. i always thought it was a myth. just curious.. what is that trippy sli connector looking thing on the ati?

"Retro Rocket"
Athlon XP-M 2200+ // Epox 8KTA3
Radeon 9800xt // Voodoo2 SLI
Diamond MX300 // SB AWE64 Gold

Reply 11 of 17, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah, it's a bus mouse. I don't think it's a proprietary connector. The logitech, microsoft and ati mouses should all be compatible with a standard bus mouse port.

I really like the bus mouse because of its superiour resolution. I have a really nice one of my 486 systems supplied with an ATi Ultra. ATi was nice enough to keep including the bus mouse connector up until the Mach32 line. What's pretty amusing is that I also have a microsoft adapter of some kind that allows you to plug a bus mouse into a standard serial or ps/2 port.

That particular VGAWonder is one of the later model cards (VGA 1024), and actually has 512kb not 256kb. It's sitting in those four 44256 ICs at the end of the card.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 12 of 17, by Moogle!

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
prophase_j wrote:

wow a bus mouse. i had read about them once. i always thought it was a myth. just curious.. what is that trippy sli connector looking thing on the ati?

If you're referring to that 26 pin edge connector on the top of the card, than I beleive it is just a feature connector for a TV card (yes, they had those back then).

I'm interested in the fact it appeards to have two monitor plugs.

Reply 14 of 17, by prophase_j

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

ah the feature connector.. makes sense. i'm used to seeing the multi pin header. to honest though.. i have never seen a device that used the feature connector from a vid card

"Retro Rocket"
Athlon XP-M 2200+ // Epox 8KTA3
Radeon 9800xt // Voodoo2 SLI
Diamond MX300 // SB AWE64 Gold

Reply 15 of 17, by jthieme

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The ATI VGA Wonder card was originally 256K but I field upgraded to 512K. I also just pulled out the manual and it does say the mouse port is MS Bus mouse compatible so it's not proprietary as I thought. One of the monitor connectors is a 9pin digital connector for TTL type monitors, the other is the standard 15pin VGA analog connector. The connector on the top is called a VGA pass through connector, it doesn't really go into any detail in the manual but I believe that was for connecting to a dedicated 3D workstation card to provide the 2D capability, i.e something like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IrisVision

Reply 16 of 17, by Moogle!

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah, older VGA cards had the edge connector. My Compaq EISA 1MB card has an edge connector on it. I think the pin type started with the VLB typed cards,, but i beleive the pinout is the same.

Some old DVD decoders use the feature connector, too. I've got one, but I think it is broken.