VOGONS

First post, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm testing 2 Diamond Viper V770 TNT2 AGP cards, one is a revision A card, the other a revision B.

Please see photo.

2 blue circles shows the revision letters, and the 6 red circles shows were the jumpers are. Revision A has jumpers, but Revision B has them "soldered in permanently".

On the back of the Rev B board it says ...bla...4x...bla...

Question: Is the Rev B "hard wired" to be AGP 4x only? On the Rev A board, you can choose between 2x and 4x speed by adjusting the jumpers. Perhaps you can adjust the Rev B card's AGP speed using an "EEPROM software utility"? But the problem is, I cannot successfully install the drivers for this Rev B card on my 1x/2x only mobo. When the drivers are installed, and the PC reboots for the graphics driver to function, when the desktop attempts to display itself, I just get a black flickering screen. I then have to turn off the machine.

Thanks a lot for any thoughts. 😀

Edit: Don't know why the Vipers photo isn't being displayed. Any ideas please? Thanks.

Attachments

• Filename
    vipers.JPG
    File size
    119.69 KiB
    Downloads
    133 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 2, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Displays fine for me (when I click on the JPG-link that is).

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 2, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
MiniMax wrote:

Displays fine for me (when I click on the JPG-link that is).

OK, thanks. It's just that in the past, the photo would be displayed automatically, underneath the thread text message, without the need to manually click on the photo attachment link.