VOGONS

First post, by sgt76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just got offered two Voodoo2s with SLI and bypass cables and an AGP Voodoo 5500 for $69 (rude number, but it actually works out to this).

Is this a good deal? Sorry for the noob question but collecting 3dfx stuff is new to me, and I'm not sure if ebay gives an accurate representation of what this stuff is actually changing hands for.

Reply 1 of 14, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Sorry to be a bit off topic, I'm not realy savvy about the going rates of high end 3DFX cards. Having 2 matched Voodoo2's with SLI cable is a nice thing to have. Saves you the trouble of having to make your own from a floppy cable

Reply 2 of 14, by sgt76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here's what my 69 bucks got me.

1 Creative Voodoo2 12mb, 1 Prolink Voodoo2 12mb and 1 Voodoo 5500 AGP all with original boxes, software, drivers, cables, packaging. A bit dusty and worn, but I'm happy.
20042010119.jpg

Closeup of the Creative. It's a World Cup Celebration Ed. and comes with 3 games - G Police, Actua Soccer 2 and Ultim@te Race Pro...and I have a matching card to SLI it with 😀
20042010116.jpg

A closer shot of the box
20042010121.jpg

and my Voodoo 5500...the box says PCI but the cards an AGP
20042010113.jpg

20042010114.jpg

all I can say is woohoo!!!:happyhappy:

Reply 3 of 14, by prophase_j

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I own, both pieces of hardware, and I paid a little more than that. But I didn't get any boxes, I just have the cards, the pass-through and SLI cable. Only other difference is that my v2's are matched. That fact shouldn't mater with the right drivers. I don't care about the boxes, but all thing considered you got a good deal.

"Retro Rocket"
Athlon XP-M 2200+ // Epox 8KTA3
Radeon 9800xt // Voodoo2 SLI
Diamond MX300 // SB AWE64 Gold

Reply 7 of 14, by prophase_j

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just noticed you have a Voodoo 5 PCI box but the card is the AGP version. Too bad, otherwise that would have really been something.

"Retro Rocket"
Athlon XP-M 2200+ // Epox 8KTA3
Radeon 9800xt // Voodoo2 SLI
Diamond MX300 // SB AWE64 Gold

Reply 10 of 14, by sgt76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
exxe wrote:

wow really nice catch

why a V5 AGP with a PCI box?

Oh, that's cause the original owner had a PCI card also, but he sold it w/o the box. Then I came along and he just gave it to me.

Reply 13 of 14, by sgt76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ux-3 wrote:

Just be sure you disable "Spread spectrum" should you run into trouble. I almost threw mine in the bin, cause of that setting.

Thanks for the tip! TBH I haven't used the card yet beyond preliminary testing just to see it wasn't bricked or anything. And I can't seem to decide what kinda hardware this should go on. That, and I've been busy with work lately with no time for hobbies 😢