VOGONS

Reply 120 of 147, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Tetrium wrote:
http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-MSI/694T_Pro_(MS-6309).html Seems that it does...except the 1.4Ghz? […]
Show full quote
F2bnp wrote:

Sorry for the bump, but does anybody know if the MS-694T PRO support the 1.4GHz Tualatin? MSI doesn't mention the processor at all 🙁

www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-MSI/694T_Pro_(MS-6309).html
Seems that it does...except the 1.4Ghz?

Edit:Can't get the link to work, just copy-paste the url into your url bar

I seriously doubt that the 1.4 Tualatin wouldn't work if every other Tualatin does. The 1.4 might require a tad more voltage but I doubt it needs so much more that it wouldn't boot.

Reply 121 of 147, by RichB93

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just read through this thread and WOW! A P3 at 1.74GHz!?! 😳 That's insane! Only clocking I've done on a P3 is from 800 to 904 as its an 800E 100FSB chip 🙁 I think I have a 667 133FSB chip though that I'll have to play around with. Has anyone had a play around with the QDI BrillianX 9 motherboard? It's what I use in my P3 rig and it seems to be an awesome little board. Socket 370 440BX, everything just works too 😀

Reply 122 of 147, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sliderider wrote:
Tetrium wrote:
http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-MSI/694T_Pro_(MS-6309).html Seems that it does...except the 1.4Ghz? […]
Show full quote
F2bnp wrote:

Sorry for the bump, but does anybody know if the MS-694T PRO support the 1.4GHz Tualatin? MSI doesn't mention the processor at all 🙁

I seriously doubt that the 1.4 Tualatin wouldn't work if every other Tualatin does. The 1.4 might require a tad more voltage but I doubt it needs so much more that it wouldn't boot.

I don't get it. If it has the Via Apollo PRO 133A Tualatin compatible chipset, what's stopping it from supporting it 🙁?

Oh well, I'll have to find another board. Anyone here happens to have a Tualatin board with AGP and ISA ? 🤣

Reply 123 of 147, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
F2bnp wrote:
sliderider wrote:
Tetrium wrote:

I don't get it. If it has the Via Apollo PRO 133A Tualatin compatible chipset, what's stopping it from supporting it 🙁?

Oh well, I'll have to find another board. Anyone here happens to have a Tualatin board with AGP and ISA ? 🤣

I don't know. The chart that was linked showed that the 1.4ghz wasn't supported. The only reason I can think of why that might be is if the 1.4ghz Tualatin requires more voltage than the 1.26ghz version which is supported and the motherboard can't supply it. Other than that possibility, the only other difference between the two is the clock multiplier and that shouldn't affect anything.

Reply 125 of 147, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The fact that it's not supporter officially doesn't mean it won't work 😉

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 127 of 147, by RogueTrip2012

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

None of the manufacturers officially said they support the P3-S 1.4GHz

Both of my 694T chipsets (Epox/Gigabyte) work great with a 1.4.

25 E is a bit high anyways.

I still need to mod a P3-S 1.4GHz to work on my Asus CUSCL-2CB. Just been lazy 😉

> W98SE . P3 1.4S . 512MB . Q.FX3K . SB Live! . 64GB SSD
>WXP/W8.1 . AMD 960T . 8GB . GTX285 . SB X-Fi . 128GB SSD
> Win XI . i7 12700k . 32GB . GTX1070TI . 512GB NVME

Reply 128 of 147, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If you're so worried about that particular board frying, why not simply use a 1.26Ghz Tualatin? The difference in performance wouldn't be that noticeable anyway and you won't have to worry anymore, which counts for a lot, right? 😉

Report spammers here!

Reply 129 of 147, by sgt76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Tetrium wrote:

If you're so worried about that particular board frying, why not simply use a 1.26Ghz Tualatin? The difference in performance wouldn't be that noticeable anyway and you won't have to worry anymore, which counts for a lot, right? 😉

and crank that up to 1.425ghz eh? killing two birds with one stone 😉

Maybe the 1.4S isn't documented as supported as it came out a bit later than those motherboards but it should work as well as any other motherboard? 10.5x multi is shuold be there in any Tually capable board as the Tualerons ran on higher multis of 10x to 14x.

Reply 130 of 147, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sgt76 wrote:

and crank that up to 1.425ghz eh? killing two birds with one stone 😉

Maybe the 1.4S isn't documented as supported as it came out a bit later than those motherboards but it should work as well as any other motherboard? 10.5x multi is shuold be there in any Tually capable board as the Tualerons ran on higher multis of 10x to 14x.

Doh, why didn't I think of that!! 😅

This could be the case actually. If Tualatin is supported and Coppermine 1000 as well, then there's little reason why Tu-1.4Ghz wouldn't run unless the board was already running at it's limits with the Cu-1Ghz and the Tu-1.26Ghz.

Cheers mate for bringing that up 😁

Edit:One slight thing to note: It might be that the 10.5x multi isn't supported. As Gerwin once pointed out, theres usually fewer multi's available then there can be in theory. My testing with my Tualeron 1.4Ghz ES proved that results for certain multi's can vary.

Best way to find out is to try the Tualatin 1.4Ghz in the board and see if it boots

Report spammers here!

Reply 132 of 147, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The motherboard was sold before I could decide unfortunately, a couple of days ago. I'm going to try to find another one, but if no ISA mobo comes around, I'm going to go for a simple Tualatin board.

Reply 133 of 147, by RoyBatty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have an ASUS TUV4X (sans on board audio) for mine and it works nicely with the latest beta bios. It's also stable with 1.5GB of PC133 in it if you want to have large amounts of ram available.

No ISA slot which is a downer, but if you can't find one, it's a nice board otherwise.

Reply 134 of 147, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah, I've also spotted a TUSL2-C which is also great. But I'd really like to have an ISA Slot so I can hook up my AWE32+DB60XG in addition to my SB Live!.
I'm kinda sick of the Vortex 2 and all its problems.

Reply 135 of 147, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
F2bnp wrote:

Yeah, I've also spotted a TUSL2-C which is also great. But I'd really like to have an ISA Slot so I can hook up my AWE32+DB60XG in addition to my SB Live!.
I'm kinda sick of the Vortex 2 and all its problems.

You could go with a SB Live! on this board. TUSL2-C is Intel, not VIA 😉

Edit:Aaaaand I just read you were already using a Live!...DOH! 😵

Last edited by Tetrium on 2011-08-20, 07:59. Edited 1 time in total.

Report spammers here!

Reply 137 of 147, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
F2bnp wrote:

I don't think you really understood what I said. I want an AWE32 AND an SB Live!.

Edit: Just re-read your post, you were right. How the heck did I overread that -_-
Sorry 🤣

RoyBatty wrote:

I have an ASUS TUV4X (sans on board audio) for mine and it works nicely with the latest beta bios. It's also stable with 1.5GB of PC133 in it if you want to have large amounts of ram available.

No ISA slot which is a downer, but if you can't find one, it's a nice board otherwise.

Just to make this post a bit more interesting, but I can add that the TUV4X has one little drawback:You can't really use a HSF which uses a 3-tab mounting clip as theres a little black resistor-like thingy in the way.
You have to use a 2-tab (which is uncommon) or a 1-tab (which I find a liitle bit risky) cooler

Report spammers here!

Reply 139 of 147, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
F2bnp wrote:

Hehehe, no hard feelings man 😜

It's ok mate, was just surprised about myself 😜
Hope you find the board you wanted. I have only 1 Tualatin board with an ISA slot (made by Shuttle) and it doesn't officially work with the Tualatin-s. Never tried it's ISA slot though but at least the board works, it's in a functioning system right now.

ASUS...it's either you like em a lot or you hate them 😜. They dropped ISA the moment Intel said ISA was to become obsolete 😜

Report spammers here!