Reply 20 of 495, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:
Geoman wrote:

9956 realtics cannot be...

Yes that's the output of whatever was saved last in RESULT.TXT.

I would delete the entire BENCH folder and unzip it again.

I had this problem too, and it was caused by RESULTS.TXT being write protected - I'd copied your folder over to DOS from a CD.

My suggestion is that you remove any output files like this from your zip file and re-upload it.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 21 of 495, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I see, so this is the zip doing this?

Why does it work for other.

Ok I'll look into it!

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 22 of 495, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Last edited by Mau1wurf1977 on 2014-01-03, 05:35. Edited 1 time in total.

My YouTube channel

Reply 24 of 495, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

I see, so this is the zip doing this?

Why does it work for other.

Ok I'll look into it!

No it's not the ZIP, it's simply the way I copied them over. I burnt them on to a CD, then copied the files from the CD to my DOS machine using XTree Gold. This process leaves the files with read-only permissions, so when your DOOM.BAT is called it fails because it can't open RESULTS.TXT for writing.

I won't be the only one using this method, so simply remove 'RESULTS.TXT' from your DOOMS folder in the zip and it's all sorted, it'll save people having to mess around with permissions.

Reply 25 of 495, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
GL1zdA wrote:

What about adding Quake?

Quake won't run without a maths coprocessor, so do I just leave the quake score blank in the spreadsheet, or do you not want systems that can't run quake?

Reply 26 of 495, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
badmojo wrote:

Quake won't run without a maths coprocessor, so do I just leave the quake score blank in the spreadsheet, or do you not want systems that can't run quake?

Of course, go ahead! In the 386 examples of mine I just wrote "No maths processor" or something like that 😀

ZIP file on MediaFire has been updated and fixes the issue of Doom not running on some machines. Thanks for the hint Badmojo 😊

New version has a date in the menu to keep track of versions 😀

My YouTube channel

Reply 27 of 495, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well I believe we have quickly hit the ceiling with 3dbench2 😀

It could need 4 digits. I have the theory that after 999 it starts at 0 again. But hard to say. Must say that PCPBENCH scales really nice.

My YouTube channel

Reply 28 of 495, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

Well I believe we have quickly hit the ceiling with 3dbench2 😀

It could need 4 digits. I have the theory that after 999 it starts at 0 again. But hard to say. Must say that PCPBENCH scales really nice.

From my testing with my Tualatin 1400mhz my theory is that it goes beyond 999, but just don't show the first digit. From what I recall I got a score of ~500 without FASTVID and ~400 with FASTVID, which is a strange result by itself, but not when the benchmark was visually running alot faster on my screen. Thus making the ~400 score ~1400

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 29 of 495, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yea I also believe that's what is happening. But that's why there are other benchmarks in the database 😀

Doom seems to hit some sort of wall, whereas Quake just keeps getting faster. I did a run on a PIII-S 1.4 GHz system and it chews it out. 222.2 fps 😈

I'm just uploading a video because it's fun to watch.

My YouTube channel

Reply 30 of 495, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

One for giggles:

Quake Timedemo on a PIII-S 1.4 GHz

My YouTube channel

Reply 31 of 495, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have a weird problem with quake on one system:
If I run it normally everything is fine and it works, but as soon as I run it in timedemo mode it crashes after a few frames of necropolis.
If I run it with +timedemo demo1 then it shows in the line before "Playing shareware version."
Findfile: can't find gfx/pop.lmp

I don't know if this is related or it is some other issue. It doesn't seem to be a computer config problem as it even happens with BIOS safe defaults.

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool

Reply 32 of 495, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hmm. Maybe a corrupt download?

You can always get the shareware version yourself and put it in the right folder. Just set the screen size to maximum once. The nosound and nocdaudio is taken care through the batch files.

My YouTube channel

Reply 33 of 495, by Geoman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

My bad. The command to output a text file is to type:

type result.txt

😀

timed 2134 gametics in 815 realtics

😀

And MY BAD: Last night I burnt the benchmark on CD and forgot to take away the write protection after copying it to the aptiva...

IBM Aptiva 2168-931

Reply 34 of 495, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Badmojo helped me fix this. The ZIP file has been updated and fully works now. But yes, removing the read-only flag of result.txt in the old version will also fix it 😀

My YouTube channel

Reply 35 of 495, by Skyscraper

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Everything works great.

If you use a clean bootdisk without an autoexec.bat file you will probably get the message "OMPT=: cannot open" when you are trying to run the quake benchmark.
Make an autoexec.bat with the line "PATH=C:\" and the problem goes away.

New PC: i9 12900K @5GHz all cores @1.2v. MSI PRO Z690-A. 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14. 3070Ti.
Old PC: Dual Xeon X5690@4.6GHz, EVGA SR-2, 48GB DDR3R@2000MHz, Intel X25-M. GTX 980ti.
Older PC: K6-3+ 400@600MHz, PC-Chips M577, 256MB SDRAM, AWE64, Voodoo Banshee.

Reply 36 of 495, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I am currently benching Quake on my IBM PS/1pro machine, it is a cacheless 386sx/20 wonder that is upgraded with a 486slc2/40mhz , i387 fpu and 16MB IBM ram...
Quake runs but I estimade 0.3fps 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

edit: it bugs me why they did not include any cache at all 😢 , wtf IBM , "pro" model....

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 37 of 495, by Skyscraper

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I just tested a 4mb Ati Rage Pro Turbo card in a system with a P3 850 CPU

It scores 3726 FPS in 3dbench2 but it does only get 154.8 FPS in PCPBench
The Riva 128 ZX got 1009 FPS in 3DBench2 and 244.6 fps in PCPBench with the same settings

Very strange!

edit

Not that strange, there was a dot in the score that wasnt visible on my LCD screen.
I updated the results with the correct scores.

/edit

Last edited by Skyscraper on 2014-01-03, 13:45. Edited 1 time in total.

New PC: i9 12900K @5GHz all cores @1.2v. MSI PRO Z690-A. 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14. 3070Ti.
Old PC: Dual Xeon X5690@4.6GHz, EVGA SR-2, 48GB DDR3R@2000MHz, Intel X25-M. GTX 980ti.
Older PC: K6-3+ 400@600MHz, PC-Chips M577, 256MB SDRAM, AWE64, Voodoo Banshee.

Reply 38 of 495, by Geoman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
keropi wrote:

edit: it bugs me why they did not include any cache at all 😢 , wtf IBM , "pro" model....

It was the same shame with the aptivas - the cache-slots were empty by default and it's hard to find these exotic modules for a reasonable price.

IBM Aptiva 2168-931

Reply 39 of 495, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

cache slots? what's that? 🤣 , mine has nothing unfortunately...
Quake was 0.7fps btw 😁

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website