VOGONS

First post, by dario82

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

how many games can works with a voodoo 5 5500?

there is a list?

Reply 4 of 9, by d1stortion

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Old DOS games mostly. They were designed with Voodoo1 in mind for the most part and the Voodoo3 architecture is different enough for some things not to work. With Windows games the issues are limited to demos and unpatched games in my experience, for example unpatched Unreal will not start on Voodoo3...

Reply 5 of 9, by dario82

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i have play perfect in unreal with my voodoo3 but i have graphic problems with other games..i think my v3 is broken, i don't know..often i see texture problem in some game or the image menu of game is not centered

I want try the v5 for play again and revive my favourite games but with max res 😊

s2,sRally,glQuake, HL1,quake2,motoracer,descent2,ignition,requiem,tdu5,ns2 etc...

should work?

Reply 6 of 9, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Stojke wrote:

All glide games should work.

There are games that don't even work right on a Voodoo 3 100% of the time, there's probably even more that have issues on V4/5. Don't forget that V4/5 are a new architecture from the earlier cards.

Reply 7 of 9, by d1stortion

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dario82 wrote:
i have play perfect in unreal with my voodoo3 but i have graphic problems with other games..i think my v3 is broken, i don't kno […]
Show full quote

i have play perfect in unreal with my voodoo3 but i have graphic problems with other games..i think my v3 is broken, i don't know..often i see texture problem in some game or the image menu of game is not centered

I want try the v5 for play again and revive my favourite games but with max res 😊

s2,sRally,glQuake, HL1,quake2,motoracer,descent2,ignition,requiem,tdu5,ns2 etc...

should work?

Most of that will work, particularly the newer games. If you really come across a favorite game that refuses to work you can just get a cheap V1/V2 and run it alongside your newer card 😀

Reply 9 of 9, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Glide 2.1.1 only games (Cybergladiators, Mechwarrior 2: 31st Century Combat 3dfx, Pandemonium!, Scorched Planet) will not work with Voodoo 3/4/5. These games aren't always working even with a Voodoo2.
MiniGL games (GLQuake etc) may not work but you can always use Voodoo5 OGL ICD not a MiniGL.
DOS glide2x.ovl games compatibility - dunno.

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).